.40 vs 9mm for self defense

Chief1297

A hit with a .22 does more damage than a miss with a hand grenade.

Not to be argumentative but you can miss with a hand grenade by 5 feet and still be more effective than a hit with a 22...LOL. Sorry, had to say it.

G50AE

Not to be argumentative but you can miss with a hand grenade by 5 feet and still be more effective than a hit with a 22...LOL. Sorry, had to say it.

That's not a miss. When it comes to hand grenades, close counts as a hit.

gunsite

Its always funny when you read the first post of a thread, and then the last post.

I use a G19 for years, a great all around weapon, i feel the 40 is also a great weapon. I think its just a matter of playing with stats and deciding on numbers. i don't think there's a bad choice here.

Link Removed
Firearm Group

doug865

A much debated topic....

I see this discussed quite a lot. Personally I like to carry a big 45 or a high capacity 9mm. I don't see the great improvement between 9 and 40 . Sometimes I find the need to carry a light high cap 9mm and other times I like to carry the big dog. Most times I carry a Glock 21 (45) .

gunnerbob

PEW Professional
9mm. Easier controllable recoil which leads to faster follow-up shots, cheaper so I can practice "that" much more so I'm "that" much more proficient, ammo availability, magizine capicity is greater generally so I have "that" many more shots I can make if needed, and as far as which has better "stopping" power.... it's shot placement that matters(see proficient note), with modern ammo... 9mm is more than capable of stopping a threat with one well placed shot.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NearshoreRnD