.40 S&W ammo

Terry 2

hello all,
i normally shoot Federal ammo 180 grain target ammo and 180 grain hydra shok's. i bought some winchester ammo. same grain both target loads and some PDX-1. and noticed a pretty signifigant difference. the winchester's seemed to put off more residue. 10 rounds in and my front sights to me were almost non existant. i value any insight that anyone can help me with.

82FIST

I have had the same same experience with the Winchester white box ammo. Didn't effect my sights, just more cleaning.

FlashBack

hello all,
i normally shoot Federal ammo 180 grain target ammo and 180 grain hydra shok's. i bought some winchester ammo. same grain both target loads and some PDX-1. and noticed a pretty signifigant difference. the winchester's seemed to put off more residue. 10 rounds in and my front sights to me were almost non existant. i value any insight that anyone can help me with.

I've put thousands of rounds of the Winchester target loads through my SR40 over the last year and a half (white box / red lettering) that has been bought at Wal-Mart with no issues at all. The dirtiest ammo was the Wulf stuff I went through a box of 50 at one time and the only problems I had was with a box of reloads I bought at gunshow. Generally either 180 or 165 is what I'll run through the gun...I went through 250 rds of MagTech ammo that worked very well. The most at one time was just shy of 500 rds at the recent Suarez training I attended...that was a mix of the Winchester and MagTech ammo.
Probably went through a max of 200 rds of the Federal ammo as it's generally more expensive at the WalMart store I stop at...no noticeable difference with it seen on my end.
Gene

firnatine29

I shoot an xd. 40tactical with federal 180 grn. Fmj's for target practice and for self defense I use the federal 165 grn. Hydrashocks. Hundreds of rounds and never had one failure or malfunction. Shot a few rounds that had cbc stamped on the rim. Guy at the gun store said they were brazilian????. They were extremely dirty and one of the rounds actually recessed into the casing when I chambered it. I threw the rest away. I don't ever plan on using white box. In my opinion you get what you pay for and I cannot afford a misfire or stoppage in an emergency.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apextochina