2nd Amendment to the Constitution

Desertscorpion1

GLCM Warrior
Ok folks. I know I'm slow on the uptake but a buddy of mine brought me a print out of an article on the abolishment of ammunition. I was shocked at first but then I decided to do some research on this article. The article appears on the "Field and Stream" website. It was originally posted January 22nd, 2009. This should motivate any weapon owner and cause many calls to Congress as well as Senators and local state representatives. Here is the article as it appears on the "Field and Stream" website.

Halt on sale of Ammunition by June 30 2009?
Uploaded on January 22, 2009
I just received this in an email and I want to know if anyone has heard more about this issue.

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009
It has already started....
Ammunition Accountability Legislation Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo! The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded. Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo
you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun! This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona , California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri , New Jersey , New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island , South Carolina , Tennessee , and Washington . Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL! To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to: Legislation

Now granted June 30th has come and gone and I have purchased ammo since that date; however, I still see vacant shelves void of any kind of ammo and no primmers in case you want to create your own ammo because of the shortage of factory stuff. I do not buy the "it's the war effort" excuse. We didn't have this kind of shortage in any of our past wars why is this one so different and since I am retired military and NATO carries the same rounds. There are only a handful of small arms ammo used by the military. .223, 9mm, .45 and 7.62. That does not involved 30 30, 270, 38, 40 cal, 22-250, 303, 308, 30-06, etc. I'm sure you get the picture. There is something terribly wrong with our ability to have ammo for our weapons guaranteed by the 2nd amendment. Great! We have guns... wonderful. But what happens when we don't have any ammo to put in those guns? Someone knows whats going on and why there isn't any ammo to be found in ample supplies accross the country.

There are four major manufacturers of primmers, yet not one brick of small rifle or pistol primmers can be found. The only stuff coming in to anyone are "BACKORDERS" no current orders are being filled. We need to find out who is behind stopping our supply of ammo to the shelves and correct it before we the people are no longer in a position to stop corrupt governmental control. I didn't spend 20 years defending the constitution to watch apathy by the public allow the slow decay and removal of the freedoms I swore to uphold disappear. Quite frankly a bill like this scares the living daylights out of me. I love my country and I love it's freedoms. I figure if someone is out there who doesn't want the freedoms we have then they can pack their bags and leave. Controlling ammo is NOT going to stop criminals from having weapons and ammo. It only punishes the law abiding citizens who do the right thing to maintain their freedoms. I for one am calling my congressman, senator and state representative to shoot down any bill such as this before it can take hold. We can never allow this kind of power over the people to exist.

From my perspective the ammunition shortage arose shortly before the November elections, and only escalated after the election went the way it did. For the past month (June-July) I've noticed many more boxes of ammo showing up around the Clovis/Portales area. For a while I would buy any box I could find and resell them to friends who didn't look as hard as me. But, a recent trip to Wal-Smarts showed me the crunch is probably finally coming to an end as the clerk behind the counter was restocking 10 big boxes of ammunition. I even made away with a box of the enigmatic .380 acp. Another hardware store in town has at least 400 boxes of 9mm, and I've been seeing more websites post popular ammunition as being available.

I think that the presidential election just scared most gun owners into stockpiling precious ammunition. I somewhat understand their concerns, but it was them who have now contributed to the mounting cost of basic target ammunition. I could be wrong, but let's wait one more month and see how much starts showing up in stores. I suspect the crisis is adverted. "Mission Accomplished".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back