215gr .44 mag loads

officer2312

Hello-
I was hoping someone could help me with some load data for my new mold. I recently aquired a 215gr mold for my .44 magnum, and since my little brother is visiting for the week, I figured it would be a great bullet for him to cut his teeth on the mag with. I cast a couple of hundred bullets, then discovered I can't find any load data for 215gr cast bullets in my limited powder selection. I primarily use 800x and 5744; first powders I bought when I started, and I've been pretty pleased so far. I had considered slightly lowering the 225 grain jacketed load in my Lee manual, but I've not been reloading long and certainly don't feel comfortable to tinker with any loads. I was hoping maybe someone out there might have some suggestions...my Internet searches have been unsuccessful. Appriciate any help, y'all.
Thanks!

Mostly 800x. Got two bottles of it real cheap when I started loading. It's always worked well for both my .44 and my .45acp...till I couldn't find data for these bullets!
Btw, they're SWC, just shy of Linotype for hardness...

you can try loading less powder than for the JHP published load as you should always load lead lighter than jacketed loads.

try looking online for a recipe also, thehighroad.org is a good place or Link Removed

if you have a chronograph it would help as I can not find any data for that grain of bullet

so go with one near that weight and start low and work up

This data is fom lyman's manual 1
It should help a bit I hope.
Remember to use safe loading practices and work up to the loads listed.
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back