200m Shooting Today.....

KimberPB

I made it out to the 200m range today with a buddy of mine and sent some rounds down range with my savage. This was my time shooting 200m with it and I think it can still shoot better then me. Here is a pic of my best group, 1.975". I'll admit the three tight shots were my first three. Then got alittle excited and flinched on the last two. I get my dies next week and can't wait to work up some loads.

On a side note I pulled out my 16" AR15 topped with an EOTech to see if I could hit the 12"x12" steel plate at 200m. Went 9 for 10. I love the rifle! lol

HPIM0508.jpg

HPIM0511.jpg

Nice groups. What ammo were you shooting?

I've gotten the best results, so far, from Black Hills Match ammo, which are loaded with Sierra 168gr. Match King bullets. I've also gotten excellent results with my handloads using Varget powder, the Black Hills brass and 168gr. Match King bullets.

Thanks guys. Still need to do some more practice but I'm happy with the rifle's accuracy.

That group was shot with federal's match grade 168gr ammo. I did buy a box of 168gr Seirra Match King and Hornady 168gr Amax bullets the other day. As soon as my dies come in (should be here the 29th) I'm going to do a load work up of both types of bullets using varget. Can't wait to see how dialed in I can get it.

For now I'm off to the gunsmith. Dropping off the rifle to see if they can get the extraction problem fixed.

Nice PB! Now to get to some serious reloading and you'll see that group close up a lot. It won't be long and you'll be looking for a 1000 yd range!:biggrin:

Nice PB! Now to get to some serious reloading and you'll see that group close up a lot. It won't be long and you'll be looking for a 1000 yd range!:biggrin:

LOL. Already found one! figured I'd start out at 200 and work my way up. I was on the web reading about mil dots, ranging, figuring out MOA, calulating bullet drift, ect and my head still hurts. A ton of info. My next goal is to find a load the gun likes then zero my scope at 200 with that load. After that a few more trips to the 200m range and I may be ready to try something longer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back