1911s Suck - Mic Drop!

Funny, I never liked or shot very well 1911s. I had some good ones too, old fresh out of the depot as gray as a battleship in fresh parkerise. Still I just never liked the thing so much and further it is heavy. You don't appreciate it on the range but carry that hog all day with gear it gets old. That's why I prefer Glock. More ammo if I needed it with the double stack and that nice trigger.
Besides I just don't shoot it all that great even now so why carry a gun that just doesn't suit you well. The same could be said against the Glock s hair trigger as well. To each their own just like religion.

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

I fired a Glock once. It definitely did NOT have a "hair" trigger. Quite the opposite.
The trigger is the biggest reason I won't own a Glock. \

Long live the 1911!

I fired a Glock once. It definitely did NOT have a "hair" trigger. Quite the opposite.
The trigger is the biggest reason I won't own a Glock. \

Long live the 1911!

Thank you for your response. I was waiting for someone else to respond to this nonsensical argument about Glocks having a "hair trigger". Usually, when someone posts outright nonsense like this and I call them out, the thread goes bananas with personal attacks as the poster just won't admit for posting such nonsense. A Glock has a 5.5 pound trigger with half an inch of trigger travel that is slightly gritty when the firearm is new and that has a slight bump during trigger travel. That's no "hair trigger".

Link Removed makes trigger connectors for Glocks that change some of the trigger's properties that some shooters seem to have problems with, including reducing the bump during trigger travel. I have the Ghost Evo Elite connector in all my Glocks. Also, many Glock owners polish their triggers to make it more smooth. I did that as well. However, these modifications makes it by no means a crisp 1911 trigger. The standard argument against any trigger modifications on Glocks is that those having problems with the Glock trigger just need more training. There is some truth to that.

As for your "Long live the 1911!", there is a reason why I posted the OP. Most 1911 fan boys, however, don't know or understand what Ken Hackathorn is saying in this video and coming to training classes with their Kimber Pro Carry II in .45 ACP. I can't believe that I say this, but SR9 was actually right for once in his post #2. (He usually isn't right and is currently banned for one of those personal attacks after getting called out on nonsense.) Well, he is in part right. There are still quality 1911s that work well, but they do cost you.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back