10min. ago.....

whiskey

(echo_5)
....my daughter and I were taking a walk downtown. I needed some cigars and she wanted a sprinkle douoghnut from Dunkin' D's next to the convenience store. Wouldn't you know that right therein front of DD were two city cops on bike patrol. I like the local PD and even shoot with one on occassion. But, I couldn't resist. So I say to one "don't hang out in front of the donut shop too long or people will start making jokes." He glares at me, obviously not as amused as I was, and replies with " be careful." To that I responded "Always. You too." They pedaled off shortly thereafter. He took himself too seriously. I thought it was really funny.

I thought it was funny. I would have chuckled or at least smiled. What is it with LEO's these days. I had a minor encounter Sunday, kinda similar to yours. I was pulling into my local shooting range, where apparently, our treasurer punched in the alarm code wrong and set off the alarm, unbenounced to him. The state police came and everything was straightened out and that is when I pulled into the parking lot. I smiled and wave but the troopers just gave me a look that made me feel like a criminal. I felt for sure that they were going to come over and start interrogating me but they just left. Did you get that look when he said "be careful"?

Yeah. He should know that "contempt of cop" is not a crime. I meant it in fun and it should have been easily read. Antway, I'm over it. I hope he is too.

I guess "truth hurts" would apply to this situation. Had a similar incident with Maui Police while one cruiser was parked out in front of Krispy Kreme. I actually offered him a doughnut from the box I just purchased, the guy got all bent.

gf

That's not near as bad...

A few years back the Albequerky PD actually landed a helicopter in a vacant lot next to a donut shop. Made the evening news and got 4 dudes suspended. Bad day for needing a donut fix.

Normally I'm never the one for defending snobby cops, but I have to step up for them on this one. The donut stereotype is kind of insulting.

Let's face it - donuts are DELICIOUS, and go great with coffee.

Oh my god, I might actually have to make a donut run now. Thanks a lot, whiskey... ;)

Last edited:
Normally I'm never the one for defending snobby cops, but I have to step up for them on this one. The donut stereotype is kind of insulting, I mean would you go up to a black guy and offer him watermelon? Okay, I bet some people here would, but you get my point.

Let's face it - donuts are DELICIOUS, and go great with coffee.

Oh my god, I might actually have to make a donut run now. Thanks a lot, whiskey... ;)

Now this racism is not necessary. No mention of the race of the cops were ever mentioned. Don't care what the race, gender, religion, etc. of the cop is. If I'm given an opportunity to legally have a little fun with them, I'm doing it. As for the black guys and watermelon, I've done it in the past. I've also offered the watermelon to the white guy, asian guy, hispanic guy, etc that was standing next to him.

The whole point is that you hear a lot about cops and doughnut shops. When you see a couple of cops actually at a doughnut shop, I think it's safe to assume that they like doughnuts. It's funny how being nice and offering them a doughnut can cause them to flip out. In their line of work they should have a "cool head" and not be "insulted" when someone offers them a tasty treat. They should be trained to evaluate the "whole situation" before making a judgment. I realize that LEO are human and have feelings like the average citizen. The cops in both situations should have handled themselves a little better. If they're gonna get "hurt feelings" about folks offering them a doughnut in front of a doughnut shop then they should 1) hang out someplace else 2) find another job or 3) learn how to simply say "thanks, but no thanks.

gf

I meant only to point out the similarity between the two harmful stereotypes, both of which I think are unacceptable.
I didn't mean to infer anything about the race of the police officers. My apologies to anyone who thought I was.

I'll edit out the remark now, since I don't want it to be misinterpreted.

Last edited:
The whole reason they're on bicycles to begin with is to establish more of a rapport with citizens and get people to see them in a capacity other than anonymous cops in patrol cars. Rather than trying to be intimidating, they should try to engage in casual conversation. That's basic human intelligence. It might be worth it if they happened to chat up the next Ted Bundy or someone who knows about an incident in the area.

Self fertelizinge. Bike patrol is so guiet the drug dealers and other crime went away in a small town here. Also when reports of a large lizzard eating dogs and cats the night life stopped.

In the immortal words of the great Sgt Hulka, Lighten Up Francis!!

If you can't laugh at yourself there are sure to be plenty of others to do it for you. Get a grip! I have a cop friend ahd he says his Chief has forbidden any of his officers going into any donut shop in uniform! Sheesh!

Cops are a different breed from a Police Officer, IMHO.

Many of today's Robocops are a PITA, with no sense of humor. :( Give them some time and seasoning and the young Robocop may turn in to a Cop.

Biker

Editted to add: Every young Police Officer fresh from the Academy needs a "beat down" by an old school con.

Last edited:
Cop at Doughnut Shop Raises Hackles

I meant only to point out the similarity between the two harmful stereotypes, both of which I think are unacceptable.
I didn't mean to infer anything about the race of the police officers. My apologies to anyone who thought I was.

I'll edit out the remark now, since I don't want it to be misinterpreted.

This is how I had figured you were using the stereotype. As for me (I am white) I always heard both the Black or poor people's food (I grew up poor) was watermelon--in fact I ate a 1/4 of one myself the other night.

Now to get back on track---ever since Clinton wanted to boost the amount of cops in the nation by about 100,000 we have seen more and more the over aggressive, macho, I am better than you attitude in police nation wide. Most police are still decent law abiding citizens who happen to be police, it is just that the incidence of psychologically challenged, ignorant, machismo bent I am better than you police has risen substantially with this huge and unnecessary increase of police presence nationwide. Too many people are slipping through the cracks of the system and being hired as officers who do not have the mental capacity or maturity to perform the job.

In the instance indicated in the first comment, had it been me, I would have made a joke back, perhaps along the lines of, "Well, at least you're not commenting on the biker shorts!"

The whole reason they're on bicycles to begin with is to establish more of a rapport with citizens and get people to see them in a capacity other than anonymous cops in patrol cars. Rather than trying to be intimidating, they should try to engage in casual conversation. That's basic human intelligence. It might be worth it if they happened to chat up the next Ted Bundy or someone who knows about an incident in the area.

The whole reason they're on bicycles to begin with is to establish more of a rapport with citizens and get people to see them in a capacity other than anonymous cops in patrol cars

I thought it was to work off the donuts.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back