RDW
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Good Morning RDW
    If I ever get to come back to Texas, I will definitely drop you a line.
    During one of my hunts at Aranzas Wildlife Area during their annual bow hunt I shot a javilina. We had a Bar-B-Q for all the neighbors when I got home but couldn't get the meat to cooked it stayed red and thinking it was like pork we were afraid to eat it, so we ate everything else and put the meat in the frig.
    The next morning an older gentleman that lived next door and was away the evening befor stopped over and asked how the Bar-B-Q went. I told him not well we couldn't get the meat cooked. He informed me Javalinas arn't pork they are of the rodant family and the meat is red when cooked. So we invited everyone back over for sandwiches.
    Take Care
    Chuck
    RDW

I just visited your site and it brought back some old memories. I was stationed in Corpis and spent a lot of time at Padri Island.

I fished for sand trout at the breaker wall at the Navel Base and could fill a cooler in a couple hours. Rolled in corm meal and fried they were great.

This was 1970 and they also had a bow only season at Aranzas Wildlife area for boar, javiline, and deer.

There was only 30 NCO's on the Navel base and we were waiting for orders to ship overseas that never came, but it gave me alot of time to fish and hunt.

I planned on staying in Texas untill hurricane Celia hit than I decided to move back to Ohio.

Take Care
    Debray
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back