What a Woman!!

symtron

Redeemed One +
What A Woman!

A 19 year old ex-cheerleader (now an Air Force Security Forces Sniper)
was watching a road that led to a NATO military base when she observed a man digging by the road.
She engaged the target (i.e., she shot him).

It turned out he was a bomb maker for the Taliban, and he was burying an IED that was to be detonated when a US patrol walked by 30 minutes later.

It would have certainly killed and wounded several soldiers.
The interesting fact of this story is the shot was measured at 725 yards.

She shot him as he was bent over burying the bomb.

The shot went through his butt and into the bomb which detonated; he was blown to pieces.

(Folks, that's a shot 25 yards longer than seven football fields!)

And the last thing that came out of his mouth ... was his ass!

If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops, please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Yup, that's a nice shot.

The M24 (military version of the Remington Model 700) in .308 has max. effective range of 800 meters... so she was dialing out there for sure. I've heard of 1000m + shots, but the bullet drop after 800m requires insane dope adjustments.

Good for her and especially good for the patrol that followed.

What A Woman!

A 19 year old ex-cheerleader (now an Air Force Security Forces Sniper)
was watching a road that led to a NATO military base when she observed a man digging by the road.
She engaged the target (i.e., she shot him).

It turned out he was a bomb maker for the Taliban, and he was burying an IED that was to be detonated when a US patrol walked by 30 minutes later.

It would have certainly killed and wounded several soldiers.
The interesting fact of this story is the shot was measured at 725 yards.

She shot him as he was bent over burying the bomb.

The shot went through his butt and into the bomb which detonated; he was blown to pieces.

(Folks, that's a shot 25 yards longer than seven football fields!)

And the last thing that came out of his mouth ... was his ass!

If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops, please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Fun story. However, you can read here what snopes.com has to say about it.

Interesting, and thanks for the link to the facts. I like a good story as much as the next patriot, but truth, please.

If I want fiction and smoke blown up my backside, I'll listen to CNN or ABC promote bHo....

That pic of the "sniper" must be a photo op all together - as she's wearing no ear protection. And jumping behind an M24 doesn't inherently make one a sniper, just like jumping into the oval office doesn't make one a 'leader.'

No worries. The job is still getting done - with or without cheerleaders dropping insurgents.

The information below is from (TRUTHORFICTION.COM), an unbiased web site, unlike the liberal slanted, mom and pop operation (Snopes.com).

The Truth:
This story of the 19 year old cheerleader and the 725 yard shot that killed the Taliban is fiction. Both the story and the poster are contrived.

The young lady in the photograph is real and is in fact a U. S. Air Force sniper and a hero in her own right. Senior Airman Polly-Jan Bobseine is a Journeyman in the 823rd Security Forces Squadron stationed at Moody Air Force Base in Georgia. According to her bio, Airman Bobseine joined the Air Force in 2003 and after completing her training in security forces, volunteered for her current position in the security forces. If the description on the photo had been true then Bobseine would have been 13 when she joined the Air Force. The minimum recruitment age is 17.

The Air Force named Bobseine "Outstanding Airman of the Year" along with 11 other non-commissioned officers in 2006. Bobseine's biography says that she served in Iraq, not in Afghanistan where our men and women in service are combating the Taliban. Click for biography.

Bobseine was deployed in Iraq for 187 days of high-risk operations. Her bio says, "Airman Bobseine discovered an improvised explosive device at an Iraqi polling center and quickly evacuated and secured the area for explosive ordnance disposal teams. While at Kirkuk AB, she was selectively chosen for off-base operations and conducted more than 100 combat patrols covering 63 square miles. She executed 12 traffic control points, providing critical weapons trafficking deterrent. Her patrol discovered a large munitions cache and provided security for EOD demolition."

A separate biography from the program of the Air Combat Command’s Outstanding Airmen and First Sergeant of the Year Awards Banquet said that Bobseine was home schooled and was already a marksman prior to joining the Air Force. In 2000,she participated in a New York State High-Power Rifle competition which earned her the title of Junior Trap Champion. Click for program in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back