We went to see ZOMBIELAND

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Yea I know it is an R rated movie but we had a god time.
Link Removed
This movie has three things other Zombie movies have never had.

1. an actual plot
2. like-able characters
3. a sub plot-story line

It has a lot of foul language that is a minus (tons of F bombs)

It has a lot of gun play...That is a plus

The Main character love interest is very well done and has a shred of decency

The Zombieland rules are really well done!

Most importantly The MRS. even had a good time.

Thanks for the review.

I thought for a second it was a documentary about life in DC... :sarcastic:

I am disgusted to see another 'zombie comedy movie.' Shaun of the Dead was IMHO a terrible mockery. A zombie outbreak is not a funny subject, and satirical movies based on zombies are in bad taste. I consider myself a zombie movie connoisseur, so I must see this one. I'm glad you liked it though, but I'm afraid I will hate it, because of my biased stance on the genre.

Thanks for the review.

I thought for a second it was a documentary about life in DC... :sarcastic:

No that one comes next. It is about a bunch of blood sucking vampires. It will be called the Obamanation diaries.:lol:

I consider myself a zombie movie connoisseur, so I must see this one. I'm glad you liked it though, but I'm afraid I will hate it, because of my biased stance on the genre.
If you are a true connoisseur, then you have to love the original George Romero classics "Night of the Living Dead" and "Return of the Living Dead." My brother-in-law, Allan Trautman, was, in fact, Tar Man in "Return". He had an easy time learning his lines: "Brains!" and "More brains!" Now, those were zombie movies.

I just saw it tonight and liked it; very funny, raunchy and yes, gory.

More in the "Shaun of the Dead" vein than Romero's zombies, but still a Zombie movie.

Also, I had read that Max Brooks book "World War Z" is being made into a movie.

If you are a true connoisseur, then you have to love the original George Romero classics "Night of the Living Dead" and "Return of the Living Dead." My brother-in-law, Allan Trautman, was, in fact, Tar Man in "Return". He had an easy time learning his lines: "Brains!" and "More brains!" Now, those were zombie movies.

No way, you're related to Tar Man?!?! That is awesome. :biggrin:

YouTube - Best of tarman - return of the living dead

:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic: Classic!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back