Anyone carry "Face Off" style?

S&WM&P40

So i have been watching one of my fav movies of all time face off. Love the part when cage carry's his two gold plated 45's on the small of his back. I was wondering if anyone has every carried two 45's like that? They don't have to be gold plated but that would make it all the more cooler:biggrin::biggrin:

No, simply because I feel that small of back carry is irresponsible. Falling or slipping backwards and landing on your firearm can result in spinal cord damage, and I don't want to become paralyzed by the very object which was intended to save my life one day! Not to mention, any sort of bending down prints the gun really, really bad! And it is severely uncomfortable for me to sit in my car with the gun stuck down my backside. I carried like this as a "trial" when I first started a few years ago, and have decided that hip or "Mexican" style is the best for me.

I don't carry in the back simply because I feel I couldn't get to my gun fast enough in some cases, plus it shows to bad if I bend over. I usually carry in about the 2 o'clock position. Through trial and error I have found that 2 o'clock conceals better than even 3 o'clock and my gun is right there ready if I need her.:biggrin:

Never behind the back, I carry 3 o'clock!! It's always ready to go, much faster draw and I don't have to worry falling on my back if I get into a scuffle. I sometimes will carry a pancake holster at the 3:30 or 4 o'clock position for better concealment but it will have a cant on it.

So i have been watching one of my fav movies of all time face off. Love the part when cage carry's his two gold plated 45's on the small of his back. I was wondering if anyone has every carried two 45's like that? They don't have to be gold plated but that would make it all the more cooler:biggrin::biggrin:

There used to be a guy who posted in here a while back - I forget his handle now, but I'm thinking it was CA CCW something... his pics showed a dual small-of-the-back rig for twin 1911's... and yes, scores high marks for the 'cool factor' and works great in hollywood. But not too practical. (His pics may still be in the really old pages of this site's photo albums.... take a stroll - you'll know 'em when you see 'em.)

In the 1st Punisher movie, the Punisher wore a horizontal OWB rig on his back/beltline... also kinda cool... but of course. He's the Punisher! :triniti: Even though in that scene he's seated in a diner, you'll notice he's leaning forward and not back onto his 1911.

With a rig and twin 1911's that purdy... may as well open carry to show 'em off... and then never let anyone stand behind you. (Weapon retention is extremely difficult when your gun is behind you.)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back