New member with question

warrenmich

HELLO ALL!!

I am a MI resident and I live part time in AR. I have been looking into getting a Utah CCW, non-res and the map is a bit confusing on this site.

I click MI as my residency state and then Utah as the CCW state and it says I CAN carry in MI? I know MI is an open carry state so that will not be a problem but am I reading this correctly? I thought MI does not recognize Utah's non-res CCW?

Any clarification would help. I think that when I click on MI, it assumes I have a MI CCW, which I do NOT.

Thank you!

MB

I click MI as my residency state and then Utah as the CCW state and it says I CAN carry in MI?

I think by clicking MI first you are telling the map you have a MI permit...therefore it is telling you you can carry in MI....do you have a MI permit?

Hello, and Welcome to the site from the shore of SC.... I am sure someone here will be able to help you,, I myself have no clue on your question.....

MI does not recognize the UT non resident permit however AR does. MI will honor a UT resident permit. I hope this helps.

Michigan does not recognize any non-resident permit/license. However, MI does recognize all resident permits/licenses.

HELLO ALL!!

I am a MI resident and I live part time in AR. I have been looking into getting a Utah CCW, non-res and the map is a bit confusing on this site.

I click MI as my residency state and then Utah as the CCW state and it says I CAN carry in MI? I know MI is an open carry state so that will not be a problem but am I reading this correctly? I thought MI does not recognize Utah's non-res CCW?

Any clarification would help. I think that when I click on MI, it assumes I have a MI CCW, which I do NOT.

Thank you!

MB

You're using the Permit Reciprocity Map wrong! When you click on Michigan and then click Resident you're telling the map software that you have a "Resident Michigan CCW". What you should be doing is click Utah and than Non-resident. You'll see that the Utah non-resident permit is not recognized in Michigan. I have a Utah non-resident permit which is not recognized in Michigan but my resident Arizona permit is. I hope that this helps.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back