When Seconds Count...

NDS

The police are minutes away. In this case 18 minutes. Listen to the 911 operator handle this call:
Link Removed

I don't know about you, but this makes me ill...

Sounds very much like the "recidivistic slime" that Ted Nugent referred to in the other post...

The system, which is sorely broken, continues to release these monsters on its own society. Nauseating indeed.

While I understand the vast liability a government would incur if it were to 'guarentee' police protection, the wording of the court in Warren v. D.C. is disturbing to me ...

"..fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Another reason for the 2nd amendment

I also want to say....this Woman handled herself very well I think (the victim). I am sick to my stomach for her. In the same situation I would be so upset for the loss of my wife and child. I would be a wreck. I wonder why they did that? I hope they caught them.

18 Min.=Unreasonable!!

With the increase in police every where in the US, 18Min. is a very unreasonable response time!!:mad:

With the increase in police every where in the US, 18Min. is a very unreasonable response time!!:mad:

It's not whenyou look where Arivaca is on the map. This is why we need to provide for our own protection, Like the saying goes, "when seconds counts the police are only monutes away". Tjis is so true even in highly patroled urban areas.

Wasn't there discussion about a rape&murder in a large urban area last year? The victim called 911 to report someone breaking into her apartment, 40+ minutes later the BOYFRIEND found her body, and then the police arrived?

If you live in a rural or suburban location, the police are too far away; if you live in a city, they are too busy to respond. Self protection is mandatory.

If you live in a rural or suburban location, the police are too far away; if you live in a city, they are too busy to respond. Self protection is mandatory.

I live in a "rural" area. When I say that, I mean that I'm only 4 miles away from the urban city with a population of almost 40,000. To me, that's a mid-size city. In light of my location and recent experience, I would agree with you.

I had reason to call the cops recently and it took 22 minutes before a deputy arrived. It seemed like an eternity.

I heard my doorbell ring and I open the door to find my neighbor's girlfriend there on my doorstep, crying and with a fresh black eye. I invited her inside and locked the door. I also called 911 to report the assault and loaded the Walther. Knowing that my neighbor is the trailer-trash sort, this situation wasn't entirely unsurprising. The girlfriend said "I can't be around those" when referring to my gun, so I figured she must have a criminal background too. Still, I'm not about to stand by if her boyfriend comes into my home to attack someone.

When the deputy arrived, I stepped out of the house to wave him into the property. He asked that we come out and meet him at a neutral ground such as the carport. He took statements from her and photos of her now dramatic black eye. Of course, it took so long for the deputy to arrive that the guy was long gone. They did find him a couple of days later. This was his fourth offense. I think they gave him two weeks in jail. He's out already.

Anyway, being the first time I ever had to call the cops, my recent experience definitely highlights the fact that we cannot expect the police to keep us safe. They don't have any magical powers to be there in an instant, and with the cut-backs many cities are making; the cops are stretched thin.

Stand up for yourself and others because the government can't really do it for you.

The antis just don't get it. I feel so sorry for this woman and the subsequent eternal nightmare of losing her daughter and husband. These scumbags oughta be lined up for an old fashioned firing squad.

The antis just don't get it. I feel so sorry for this woman and the subsequent eternal nightmare of losing her daughter and husband. These scumbags oughta be lined up for an old fashioned firing squad.
Wouldn't help...remember when we used to lynch these types in the public square? That didn't help, either. There are those who rally to release "poor, misunderstood" cop killers to have them released (remember?). Firing squads are no solution, but at least it would keep THAT one from doing it again. The only real answer seems to be...and this is borne out in the lowering of crime statistics in the corresponding States...to be allowed to shoot the bastids, on the spot!, when they try to perpetuate their terror. Instant Karma, baby...throw the dice if you dare, but at your peril. We have to be allowed to fight fire with fire.

yeah after hearing this im not opening my door unless they can prove thier police. I sure wont open it for border patrol after this. It's Sad that the family did what most of us would do and open the door, and try to help what they believed to be border patrol agents. I think i'll answer my door with a revolver in my hand now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back