Swine flu is here

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
We have had 2 confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus in the production facility where I work (1000 plus workers)
I have to aadmit folks are a little freaked out by it all. Both folks were sent home and precautionary information has been distrubuted.

Because the shots are almost as bad of a killer as the H1N1. They purportedly had something like 25 deaths last year that were directly attributable to the shots. In reality, the regular old run-of-the-mill, makes-ya-sick-as-a-dog, vanilla-flavored flu killed way more people than the Swine Flu did!

Because the shots are almost as bad of a killer as the H1N1. They purportedly had something like 25 deaths last year that were directly attributable to the shots. In reality, the regular old run-of-the-mill, makes-ya-sick-as-a-dog, vanilla-flavored flu killed way more people than the Swine Flu did!

I agree. Check out the list of nasty stuff that's in these shots. Link Removed

Just take a load of Vitamin D (5000+ IUs per day), get some sunshine (more Vitamin D), stay well rested and well hydrated. Very few people ever have serious problems after being exposed to H1N1. Don't take the shot!

On the shots:
I've been told that those of us born before 1957(or was it '6?) were exposed to a very similar flu as small children and probably already have antibodies useful for this strain. Us older types might as well not get a shot because we have nothing to gain by taking them.

I understand that there are many things in vaccines that are abhorrent to many of us. However, for those of us with compromised immune systems, the risk for contracting an infection can far outweigh any risk of taking a vaccine. Please don't take offense, but please don't play doctor and advise anyone to take or not take a vaccine. That is between them and their medical professional. It is better to state what you, or I, will do personally and explain why, than to dispense medical advice to others.

Can you site your source? I looked and could not find any reference to 25 deaths. However, I did find the following article published Aug. 21, 2009, in The New York Times:

"No Side Effects So Far in Trial of Swine Flu Shot"

By DONALD G. McNEIL Jr.
Published: August 21, 2009

There have been no serious side effects from the first set of injections of the new swine flu vaccine, federal health officials said Friday in predicting that nearly 200 million doses could be produced by year’s end. ... “There are no red flags regarding safety,” said Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which is overseeing the trials. Click here for the entire article.

Can you site your source? I looked and could not find any reference to 25 deaths. However, I did find the following article published Aug. 21, 2009, in The New York Times:
. Click here for the entire article.

Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neurologists over 25 deaths in America | Mail Online

This is probably the article he was quoting. Sometimes we need to look outside for perspectives on what we are doing inside!

I fear any shots the federal government pushes much more that I do the illness.

Link Removed

Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neurologists over 25 deaths in America | Mail Online

This is probably the article he was quoting. Sometimes we need to look outside for perspectives on what we are doing inside!

---

Ah ha! Thanks Festus. Hmmm, I wonder why it didn't show up for my search?

Upon reading the article, I came across this paragraph: "There are concerns that there could be a repeat of what became known as the ‘1976 debacle’ in the US, where a swine flu vaccine killed 25 people – more than the virus itself." There was nothing that I read herein that claimed that there were 25 deaths from this current vaccine. As well, this is a British report. I wonder: are their standards similarto or different than our vaccine standards?

The beginning of the article states: "A warning that the new swine flu jab is linked to a deadly nerve disease has been sent by the Government to senior neurologists in a confidential letter.

The letter from the Health Protection Agency, the official body that oversees public health, has been leaked to The Mail on Sunday, leading to demands to know why the information has not been given to the public before the vaccination of millions of people, including children, begins. It tells the neurologists that they must be alert for an increase in a brain disorder called Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), which could be triggered by the vaccine. GBS attacks the lining of the nerves, causing paralysis and inability to breathe, and can be fatal...." End quote.

Other opinions may vary, but I believe that the key words here are: "could be fatal." Is it not so that any vaccine or reaction "could be fatal?" The article states that there could be a correlation. Yet, does it not hold that correlation does not necessarily equate with connection? Yes, a correlation does not necessarily mean that there is a connection. Further research may be needed for determination. Again I ask, please let's not play doctor. Everyone can make their own informed decisions with the assistance of their own medical professional. I surely wouldn't want someone's decision, especially a fatal one, on my conscience.

I fear any shots the federal government pushes much more that I do the illness.

Link Removed

Aren't we smarter than this? Cannot we do our own research rather than believe this stuff? Right or wrong in his ideas, this doctor self-promotes himself, and cites himself as a leading authority rather than subjecting his work to the objective reviews of his peers. This is strictly his opinion; the opinion of one. I refuse to think of this type of diatribe as an article, one which would be subject to standards of collections of facts or of being published in the AMJ or other reputable journals for review and critique.

He is also on the Canadian Quackery Watch.

He reminds me of the "doctors" pushing "Colloidal Silver." I'm not one who desires to turn blue!

Conspiracy theories abound as quoted from Dr. Horowitz' opinion piece cited:

Link Removed

"Rather than a public health emergency, the “Severe AcuteRespiratory Syndrome,” generally called SARS, is best diagnosed as a “Sickening and Repulsive Scam.” Lessons from this hyped urgency are relevant to the Avian Flu. This article argues that these unprecedented viral attacks are, alternatively, an ingenious evolving social experiment featuring institutionalized bioterrorism for widespread psycho-social control. The outcome of this experiment, and the predicted Avian Flu, whether it leads to depopulation or not, largely depends on your grassroots activism. ..." He refers to SARS as a government-engineered, "biological agent that will facilitate decimation of approximately a third to half of the world’s population, in keeping with current official population reduction objectives."

Oh, please, spare me!

Aren't we smarter than this? Cannot we do our own research rather than believe this stuff? Right or wrong in his ideas, this doctor self-promotes himself, and cites himself as a leading authority rather than subjecting his work to the objective reviews of his peers. This is strictly his opinion; the opinion of one. I refuse to think of this type of diatribe as an article, one which would be subject to standards of collections of facts or of being published in the AMJ or other reputable journals for review and critique.

He is also on the Canadian Quackery Watch.

He reminds me of the "doctors" pushing "Colloidal Silver." I'm not one who desires to turn blue!

Conspiracy theories abound as quoted from Dr. Horowitz' opinion piece cited:

Link Removed

"Rather than a public health emergency, the “Severe AcuteRespiratory Syndrome,” generally called SARS, is best diagnosed as a “Sickening and Repulsive Scam.” Lessons from this hyped urgency are relevant to the Avian Flu. This article argues that these unprecedented viral attacks are, alternatively, an ingenious evolving social experiment featuring institutionalized bioterrorism for widespread psycho-social control. The outcome of this experiment, and the predicted Avian Flu, whether it leads to depopulation or not, largely depends on your grassroots activism. ..." He refers to SARS as a government-engineered, "biological agent that will facilitate decimation of approximately a third to half of the world’s population, in keeping with current official population reduction objectives."

Oh, please, spare me!

Well opinions are one of two things we all have so you can believe what you will. As for me I would believe him any day before I would believe the stuff the federal government is shoveling.

Well opinions are one of two things we all have so you can believe what you will. As for me I would believe him any day before I would believe the stuff the federal government is shoveling.

And you as well. I don't believe in charlatans but you may do so if you chose.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back