burley

Issuing Authority - Ks Attorney General
http://www.ksag.org/content/page/id/90

Permit Information and Requirements
Ks CCW law
Link Removed

-NICS check - Ks Attorney General

-Cost 110.00 to Ks Attorney General 40.00 to local sheriff's office

-Required Documents -Official Ks ID or drivers lic.-CCW certification class certificate -completed application - 2"x2" photo (pass port style)these must be turned into the local sheriff's office of residence along with all fees.

Informing Law Enforcement of Carry -must inform LEO of CCW if asked

Automobile carry allowed (with in reach/control (does not have to be on person HB 2528 )

Places off-limits when carrying
Link Removed

[Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine
Link Removed

Localities with Varying Laws
CCW laws (under HB 2528 ) are to be the same through the state.
Link Removed

If any of my Ks friends sees a mistake let me know and I'll repair the list

Last edited:
Kansas CCW forum

There is a really active forum dedicated to CCW in Kansas it's located here:

Link Removed

carry laws

I am not very good at looking up the laws and finding what I am looking for. My GF will be traveling from TX to KS this week (w/o carry permit). I need to know what laws are in reference to car carry. I dont want her to travel that far without her pistol but I dont want her to get into trouble if she gets either.
Thank you

I am not very good at looking up the laws and finding what I am looking for. My GF will be traveling from TX to KS this week (w/o carry permit). I need to know what laws are in reference to car carry. I dont want her to travel that far without her pistol but I dont want her to get into trouble if she gets either.
Thank you

• While Kansas does not have a general law against carrying a loaded firearm in a
vehicle, how can I legally transport a firearm in my vehicle anywhere in Kansas?
o Answer: K.S.A. 2005 Supp 12-16,124(d) provides that “no person shall be
prosecuted under any ordinance, resolution or regulation for transporting a
firearm in any air, land or water vehicle if the firearm is unloaded and encased
in a container which completely encloses the firearm.” Again, concealed
carry licensees are not subject to local ordinances.
Taken from: Link Removed

Also see: Link Removed

Good News

BIG change in Kansas non resident rules;
Link Removed

Kansas Attorney General Steve Six has determined that effective July 1, 2009 the State of Kansas will begin recognizing 'non-resident' concealed carry licenses issued by any of the 22 states which Kansas already recognizes. Because the training, safety and proficiency standards maintained by these states are equal to or greater than the standards imposed by Kansas, it is possible to extend recognition to "resident" and "non-resident" licenses or permits issued by these states.

The recognition of non-resident licenses only applies to individuals who are not Kansas residents; Kansas residents still must carry in Kansas under the authority of a Kansas CCH license. See, K.S.A. 75-7c03 ("A valid license, issued by any other state or the District of Columbia, to carry concealed weapons shall be recognized as valid in this state, but only while the holder is not a resident of Kansas,..." (emphasis added)).

States which will be affected by this determination include: Arizona, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, South Carolina or Texas. Non-resident CCH licenses or permits issued by any of these seven (7) states will be recognized in the state of Kansas so long as the license or permit holder is not a resident of Kansas.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back