Alarming? or Not?

DebS

Anyone else concerned about this FEMA Drill?

FEMA gives a rather non-specific Link Removed.

Homeland Security should be running a drill like this, not FEMA.

A drill this size is RARE for FEMA. If it's 'anti-terrorism' it should be run by Homeland Security. FEMA is for disaster recovery, not 'anti-terrorism'.

For them to spend these kind of resources right now, something had to trigger it. It leads me to believe that the Gov't is aware of a potential large scale terrorist attack that we are not yet aware of...

It looks from the location of the drills... perhaps Dallas or Houston could be targeted NBC attack? :confused:

Weird deal.

IF FEMA does NOT do high level training, then WHEN terrorism strikes again in this country and FEMA does a Katrina level response, everyone will be bitchin' at them for not being prepared via training on a high level..
I think the article is sensationalized stating that FEMA was masking the 9/11 attacks, etc..
I think Canada and Mexico have some stake in this as our border neighbors, and we have no greater allies than Great Britain and Australia..
Does this type of an event need watch dogs? Sure..
Is this type of exercise needed? WAY over due
Does this type of rhetoric on everything that the government does help? No, it masks the the few things that are really troublesome.. By everything being a conspiracy, it only makes true concerned citizens seem like nuts.

VERY few people that send this type of thing around in e-mails, without any real thought (as if they had any thoughts of their own) and without doing some investigation before forwarding to ALL make it very hard to see the real problems because of all the clutter.. (Crying wolf all the time)..

IMHO

Yes anytime foreign troops train here it bothers me. Am I paranoid? Sure. Things that have been done over the years make me that way. Being paranoid keeps me from being complacent.

Talk about spouting high level alarmist political terrorism viewpoints! That is what the "political junkie" does. Some people bitch about anything and everything just because they can. Give it up and give me a break!

I agree that FEMA needs to prepare for all types of emergencies, natural or man-made. Coordinating with neighboring countries and allies does make sense and the overall premise sounds good and plausible, but keeping an eye on what is actually being done and for what reasons just makes good sense. Do so with an open mind and watchful eye while requiring
full accountability as to how our money is being spent and for what. I don't have a problem with that.

FEMA Exercises

I agree that FEMA needs to prepare for all types of emergencies, natural or man-made. Coordinating with neighboring countries and allies does make sense and the overall premise sounds good and plausible, but keeping an eye on what is actually being done and for what reasons just makes good sense. Do so with an open mind and watchful eye while requiring
full accountability as to how our money is being spent and for what. I don't have a problem with that.

Homeland Security should be running a drill like this, not FEMA.

FEMA is operated inside the DHS.

I participated in a similar drill, not this size, but mutli agency, federal, state, local, and military law enforcement, and emergency response teams, in a mutli county drill in Illinois when I was in the Coast Guard Auxiliary. These types of things are generally very organized, and hardly impact citizens at all...

I too, have participated in these types of drills. Except, not on this scale. I have been involved in City, County and State wide drills. Many times, we had people from other countries working with us so we can learn from each other. We also send our people to other countries when they have their drills for the same reason (to observe and participate). Depending on the roll of the foreign troops, this potentially could cause me great concern.

We never trained ONE scenario we did not think would happen.

These drills are normally run by the agency in charge. In this case it would DHS, not FEMA. (I do know that FEMA is apart of DHS).

Reading the FEMA link, to me it sounds like FEMA’s role is changing. If FEMA is responsible for the Exercise Focus and Objectives why do we need DHS? FEMA could provide the people with better information of this drill. This could be used to educate people on what their government is doing for them. Instead they choose to limit the information. This always causes concerns and mistrust, and rightfully so.

DHS needs to do a lot of large and small scale training. The training is normally developed from a likely terrorist attack scenario. One question I have, is information on a planned attack being used to plan this training?

If I was from one of the state involved, that have been loudly voicing their opposition to the Fed, I would question if this is a show of Federal force? I am not saying it is, yet this thought would and has cross my mind.

The level of distrust of our government is very high and in my opinion it is warranted. Sometimes there are conspiracies and sometimes just smoke and mirrors. We must stay vigilant to protect our hard won freedoms… even from our government.

A correction: This post was an article, not an email.

Forum Concern: Do not slam people for posting information, questions, concerns, ideas, or opinions. Our differences give us balance and perspective. I hope some of the comments I have seen on this thread were not directed at anyone posting.

I too, have participated in these types of drills. Except, not on this scale. I have been involved in City, County and State wide drills. Many times, we had people from other countries working with us so we can learn from each other. We also send our people to other countries when they have their drills for the same reason (to observe and participate). Depending on the roll of the foreign troops, this potentially could cause me great concern.

We never trained ONE scenario we did not think would happen.

These drills are normally run by the agency in charge. In this case it would DHS, not FEMA. (I do know that FEMA is apart of DHS).

Reading the FEMA link, to me it sounds like FEMA’s role is changing. If FEMA is responsible for the Exercise Focus and Objectives why do we need DHS? FEMA could provide the people with better information of this drill. This could be used to educate people on what their government is doing for them. Instead they choose to limit the information. This always causes concerns and mistrust, and rightfully so.

DHS needs to do a lot of large and small scale training. The training is normally developed from a likely terrorist attack scenario. One question I have, is information on a planned attack being used to plan this training?

If I was from one of the state involved, that have been loudly voicing their opposition to the Fed, I would question if this is a show of Federal force? I am not saying it is, yet this thought would and has cross my mind.

The level of distrust of our government is very high and in my opinion it is warranted. Sometimes there are conspiracies and sometimes just smoke and mirrors. We must stay vigilant to protect our hard won freedoms… even from our government.

A correction: This post was an article, not an email.

Forum Concern: Do not slam people for posting information, questions, concerns, ideas, or opinions. Our differences give us balance and perspective. I hope some of the comments I have seen on this thread were not directed at anyone posting.

Some very good points. Thanks for posting.

Humiliating Others

I wanted to thank you, HootmonSccy, for what I felt was embarrassing me on this forum.

I am not an alarmist and I don't ever post anything on this or any other board without 'any real thought'. I don't post ignorant forwarded emails or mindless words that may offend or hurt other members of this community.

I do understand the necessity to keep the clutter of crying wolf at a minimum. I also feel however, that posting articles of activities that may not 'look right' and asking for opinions of others on an issue (hence the title: Alarming or Not?) was valid and didn't warrant such a harsh reply.

I didn't suggest everyone grab all their Budweiser and Oreo's and head to the basement or tornado shelter, asap. I am merely implying I feel this administration bears watching where our rights are concerned and was interested in what others had to say, just not in such a way that I feel was overly acrid.

I hesitate to mention this, as it may not be relative, but my userid obviously indicates I'm a woman. I do understand many of the details that other posters on this thread brought up (FEMA is part of DHS, it has been a longtime practice for other countries to perform these drills on our soil, etc.). I would just like to mention that I'm a molecular biologist that can read and not only articulate what I mean to say, but put 'real thought' into my posts as well as really feel the public humiliation when someone blows a thread I started out of the water - like implying my concern here makes 'we concerned citizens appear nuts'.

Although I don't think I've been nuts for a while, I may be wrong and farther along the road heading in that direction which started when Bush passed the Patriot Act, until today when I have to write letters to my Senators every other day just to fight the gun-grabbing bills that seem to pop up daily. I just don't have the ability to fully trust a Commander in Chief that is THIS smart.

That too, is just IMHO as well.

I wanted to thank you, HootmonSccy, for what I felt was embarrassing me on this forum.

I am not an alarmist and I don't ever post anything on this or any other board without 'any real thought'. I don't post ignorant forwarded emails or mindless words that may offend or hurt other members of this community.

I do understand the necessity to keep the clutter of crying wolf at a minimum. I also feel however, that posting articles of activities that may not 'look right' and asking for opinions of others on an issue (hence the title: Alarming or Not?) was valid and didn't warrant such a harsh reply.

I didn't suggest everyone grab all their Budweiser and Oreo's and head to the basement or tornado shelter, asap. I am merely implying I feel this administration bears watching where our rights are concerned and was interested in what others had to say, just not in such a way that I feel was overly acrid.

I hesitate to mention this, as it may not be relative, but my userid obviously indicates I'm a woman. I do understand many of the details that other posters on this thread brought up (FEMA is part of DHS, it has been a longtime practice for other countries to perform these drills on our soil, etc.). I would just like to mention that I'm a molecular biologist that can read and not only articulate what I mean to say, but put 'real thought' into my posts as well as really feel the public humiliation when someone blows a thread I started out of the water - like implying my concern here makes 'we concerned citizens appear nuts'.

Although I don't think I've been nuts for a while, I may be wrong and farther along the road heading in that direction which started when Bush passed the Patriot Act, until today when I have to write letters to my Senators every other day just to fight the gun-grabbing bills that seem to pop up daily. I just don't have the ability to fully trust a Commander in Chief that is THIS smart.

That too, is just IMHO as well.

Deb I am afraid that a lot of people are afraid of the C. word that anything that may indicate that all that we have been told or led to believe about things that have happened could perhaps not all be accurate causes them to kind of play ostrich when presented with something different than what they have believed all their lives. Many are afraid of being labeled a conspiracy theorist however if it looks quacks and walks like a duck then it probably is. By the way Deb if you think there just may be something rotten in Denmark so to speak then take heart you are in good company here are just a few of many quotes by some people you may have heard of.

The truth of the matter is that you do have those standby provisions, and the statutory emergency plans are there whereby you could, in the name of stopping terrorism, apprehend, invoke the military, and arrest Americans and hold them in detention camps." U.S. Representative Henry Gonzalez, August 29, 1994

"The high office of the President has been used to foment a plot to destroy the American's freedom and before I leave office, I must inform the citizen of this plight." President John Fitzgerald Kennedy - In a speech made to Columbia University on Nov. 12, 1963, ten days before his assassination .

"We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries." David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.

."Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order [referring to the 1991 LA Riot]. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond [i.e., an "extraterrestrial" invasion], whether real or *promulgated* [emphasis mine], that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this *scenario*, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government." Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991

."The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes." Benjamin Disraeli, first Prime Minister of England, in a novel he published in 1844 called Coningsby, the New Generation

."The governments of the present day have to deal not merely with other governments, with emperors, kings and ministers, but also with the secret societies which have everywhere their unscrupulous agents, and can at the last moment upset all the governments' plans. " British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, 1876

."The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties." New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922

."From the days of Sparticus, Wieskhopf, Karl Marx, Trotsky, Rosa Luxemberg, and Emma Goldman, this world conspiracy has been steadily growing. This conspiracy played a definite recognizable role in the tragedy of the French revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the 19th century. And now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their head and have become the undisputed masters of that enormous empire." Winston Churchill, stated to the London Press, in l922.

."The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back