New Hampshire Conceal Carry

willyd

FYI; According to the New Hampshire State Police - it is now taking 14 weeks to process a Conceal Carry Application. Have a good day.

Shouldn't that say for Non-res permits? Local police departments do resident permits, and by law have 14 days to approve/deny.

This is not really news at all. They are backed up big time and it has been taken as long as 30 days some times longer to get a permit. The cost for a none res permit just went up 80 dollars and is now 100 dollars not 20 dollars.

Well I sent mine in about 4 days before they raised their price. It should have gotten to them soon enough, but depends if they opened it right away and will accept it. So either I didn't get it, or it's taken 3 weeks so far. I don't really care if I get it or not, just wanted to try to get it before it went up, in case I vacationed there next year.

I sent my application in back on April 1st. They still haven't cashed my check nor have I recieved my permit.

FYI; According to the New Hampshire State Police - it is now taking 14 weeks to process a Conceal Carry Application. Have a good day.

Thanks for the info. Is that for app's sent in today? Or back in June, etc? I know last time I talked to them, they were working on March app's.

Just talked to a live person on the phone this past Monday (July 20). The lady told me that they are currently processing applications received through the end of March and into the first week of April. The latest postmarked mail that they are processing is April 9.

This processing time is a lot longer than 2 weeks! :mad:

gf

That's what i said. It's not really news anyone who puts in a Application knows your going to wait. Now you also need to add in a extra eighty dollars. Extra income should help the state some what. I know people say they will not pay it and applications for permits will drop. That may be so but if you want the right to carry concealed in our state people will pay it. As so many of you are against open carry and say you will not do it. No idea why i mean it's free why pay hundred dollars for a permit you will only use a few times a year while on vacation just don't understand that. I would use the money for things while on vacation. But to teach his own.

FINALLY cashed my check. Only 118 days to get that far. Now let's see if I get the actual permit in time for Christmas!

So there's hope! I sent my application and check in May... check hasn't been cashed. I thought they convienently lost it so I'd have to re-submit at the $100 price.

I got my-non res PA permit in one week, door to door.

I don't know what the freakin' production being made by all these other states is. Government dragging their feet and making everything as complicated as possible.

I got my-non res PA permit in one week, door to door.

I don't know what the freakin' production being made by all these other states is. Government dragging their feet and making everything as complicated as possible.

No try back log and not enough staff to do the job and no money to hire more. When it comes to spending tax payer's money on new staff. The money is better spent on other areas in the state. I'm so sick of everyone bitching about Our state and the time to get a permit. If you don't like it apply in another state or OPEN CARRY. It's free and no wait time. I have come to find half the people who are applying for a permit in our state do not even plan on coming to the state. They are just permit grabbers and people who want it so they can carry in another state.

Amazed

Guys,

I got home today and the wifey tells me I have a letter from New Hampshire I almost passed out.

I mailed my non resident permit application on July 29th. I saw the check was cashed on Aug 10th and today August 24th I have my brand new NH non resident pistol/revolver License in my sweaty fat hands!!!!

Amazing increase in time from what I've read here and other places. I bet the $100 fee slowed a lot of applications...

Anyway to the New Hampshire State Dept of Safety personnel....THANK YOU !!!!!

Bravo Zulu..

Symtron

5X Price Increase: Too Much

.... I know people say they will not pay it and applications for permits will drop. That may be so but if you want the right to carry concealed in our state people will pay it. ...
... No idea why i mean it's free why pay hundred dollars for a permit you will only use a few times a year while on vacation just don't understand that. I would use the money for things while on vacation. But to teach his own.

I do not believe most people will pay 5x more for the non-res NH permit. I also think NH will not be able to get the 1 out of 5 they will need to pay that $100 to keep the income from applications equal to their earlier income. The economy is way too tight to pay that much of a markup, and most won't out of principle and/or need.

I think there are a lot of people who are applying for reasonably priced CCW's for potential reciprocity needs for vacation or business travel, or are just collectors of licenses. With the wide range of reciprocity among states now, NH is not a highly desirable or required license for general reciprocity to most states.

I would suspect the price increase would decrease or divert vacation travel in NH rather than increase NH's income via a 5x price increase in CCW's. JMHO

Today is 11 weeks so maybe only two more weeks to go. Hard to belive that I submitted all my applications about the same week and UT, FL, NV, Maine and PA all have been issues before this one.

i applied in March

then again in may, since i was coming in July for vacation. my check was finally cashed in early July, but still no permit. unbelievable. and i thought CT was slow.

No try back log and not enough staff to do the job and no money to hire more. When it comes to spending tax payer's money on new staff. The money is better spent on other areas in the state. I'm so sick of everyone bitching about Our state and the time to get a permit. If you don't like it apply in another state or OPEN CARRY. It's free and no wait time. I have come to find half the people who are applying for a permit in our state do not even plan on coming to the state. They are just permit grabbers and people who want it so they can carry in another state.

I don't consider an application submitted to your state to concealed carry as a committment to come there and spend money. And if there are 'permit grabbers' out there applying in your state, so be it. It's their God given right to possess a firearm and they are just jumping through unconstitutional hoops anyway.

The licenses PA is issuing are not big productions. They are using your current CCW, from your state, and not repeating the background checks, fingerprints, etc that have already been done, but that other states are having done over and over again. I don't think more people are working on Centre Cty PA license issue, but that they are not reinventing the wheel every time they get an application.

If it previously only required the state of NH to have $20 to run a background check, print and mail a permit, a reasonable fee I might add, then why does it now require $100? Postage rates have not increased, and I doubt that printing costs have either. How much money is realy spent on running an aplication through computerized records?

its all about the benjamins!!!

Thats exactly it. Costs haven't increased...resident permits are still only $10. They are just looking to beef up their coffers.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back