Anyone else can't shoot a particular gun?

Like several previous posters, I have not found any gun I can't shoot. Some I just seem to shoot better or like better. :)

For me the "baby" Glocks don't fit well, but i do well with my Kel Tec 380.(go figure:rolleyes:). Also, a friend of mine has a super tuned 1911 chambered in 9mm and I swear it hates me :mad:. Can't hit a thing with it.

-Drive fast and shoot straight

Any gun made by Kel Tec or Rohrbaugh, as well as most Derringers. I have huge hands and these guns are simply too small for me to hold comfortably and shoot well. Ironically, however, I once owned a Walther P22 and it was perhaps the most accurate and easiest to shoot gun I have ever owned.

For me...

Glocks just don't "feel" right.

I have a Sig P-230 that just flat out doesn't like me. I bought it because the price and size was right, the feel in the shop was good and the value appeared to be there. After doing a few magazines (think it was probably 40 rounds or so) my wife freaked out that blood was dripping off my fingers. Every time I fire it, it chews a piece out of my hand.

I would sell it but everyone tells me I shouldn't give up on a Sig. Also, I used it a few times as a BUG and hot weather carry since, after all, I can fire a few mags before I notice it. Accuracy was okay so I guess if it ever comes down to needing it I won't worry about the slow drip effect.

I have a friend that owns a long slide Glock 9mm. I do not know why, but that weapon jams EVERY TIME I pull the trigger. For him, it works fine. I own over 30 handguns and they all work fine. But if I pick up Rick's 9mm long slide I can guarantee you it will jam on me. Can't figure it out.

jw

Sig

Glocks just don't "feel" right.

I have a Sig P-230 that just flat out doesn't like me. I bought it because the price and size was right, the feel in the shop was good and the value appeared to be there. After doing a few magazines (think it was probably 40 rounds or so) my wife freaked out that blood was dripping off my fingers. Every time I fire it, it chews a piece out of my hand.

I would sell it but everyone tells me I shouldn't give up on a Sig. Also, I used it a few times as a BUG and hot weather carry since, after all, I can fire a few mags before I notice it. Accuracy was okay so I guess if it ever comes down to needing it I won't worry about the slow drip effect.

I wonder if taking the Sig to a good gun smith for some dehorning might help

Hmmmm......

A gunsmith huh?

You know, one of the reasons to join a website forum is to gain a different perspective. That would probably have surfaced during some coffee conversation at the range one day, given of course THAT I EVER GET TO A RANGE AGAIN!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll drop a note to my family to open up the locker and take that Sig over to one of the shops in my hometown, explain the problem and see if they think it can be corrected.

Sometimes, you just don't notice the forest because you keep butting your head against the dang tree.

Ed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back