Want to carry but can't

The Duke

I am new to this website and hope somebody can help me. I am a retired police officer from NY State and reside now in North Carolina. I qualify to carry my concealed weapon in all 50 states under HR218. Can anyone tell me if the State of NC has gotten it off the ground yet? It is only 5 yrs. since Pres. Bush signed it into law and we still don't have it here. I also wish to get the NC conceal carry permit. Can anyone direct me to where I need to apply. Thank you in advance.

Actually the law signed by President Bush preempts any state law banning concealed carry by former LEOs, so as long as you're certified by the agency from which you retired, then NC can't deny you from carrying.

HR218 class is one day you can go back to the county you retired from in New York.It's always best to get that Retired Police ID pistol permit in the county you lived in New York.Before the move to NC you should call the local PD and see what they require.I know many of the agencies require a C-form because the county or city doesn't allow LEO's to have a pistol license.If that's the case when you retired your dept gives a letter or calls the county where you live to expedite a permit because they don't want to hold on your guns that were owned while you were a P.O.The county offers retired cops the HR218 class and you get trained on the gun your going to carry and is good for one year.

I also wish to get the NC conceal carry permit. Can anyone direct me to where I need to apply. Thank you in advance.

Welcome, The Duke, from Moore County, NC.

Go to 'Resources,' then click on 'CCW Instructors By State' to find one near you.

You can also check the local gun clubs around you.

I took my class at the community college near me.

Happy "hunting"!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back