shooting at the holocaust museum

73z28454

holy crap!!! my 16 yr. old daughter is there on a school trip. she called to say she is alright but shook up a bit. this is her first time away from us. man i'm shook up. and no guns are allowed in d.c. how the heck did he get pass the metal detectors??? man i need a drink.

So who is going to tell the anti gun left that when they start yelling for more gun control that they are allready illegal in DC and the criminal violated the law.....

Friend, so glad to hear that your daughter is safe. I’m sure you’ll both be a lot happier for her to get home from this trip!

Based on the reports, it looks like just one person (a security guard) and the gunman were injured today. But it could have been much worse. I guess we owe a great deal of thanks to the "no guns allowed in DC" rule... and for those metal detectors! They sure do a great job of protecting us from BG’s.

An article on breitbart.com (Gunman, guards exchange fire in Holocaust Museum) reports, “the museum normally has a heavy security presence with guards positioned both inside and outside. All visitors are required to pass through metal detectors at the entrance, and bags are screened.”

I suppose today was just an off day, too many security personnel called in sick or something?

This is yet another example of the folly in hoping someone else will be there to guard and protect my life when evil comes knocking. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the men and women of law enforcement who dedicate their lives to protecting and serving the community. BUT, the person best suited for protecting me… IS ME! I’m with ME all day long; unfortunately, I cannot have an LEO with me at all times.

I am also glad to here that your daughter is safe. I know you were worried. I wonder how the shooter had a gun in D.C.

He walked in with a RIFLE!

Of course had there only been some gun control law that could have stopped him, or maybe a restraining order based perhaps on...

"In 1983, he was convicted of attempting to kidnap members of the Federal Reserve Board. He was arrested two years earlier outside the room where the board was meeting, carrying a revolver, knife and sawed-off shotgun. At the time, police said Von Brunn wanted to take the members hostage because of high interest rates and the nation's economic difficulties."

... then this, of course, could not have happened he would have been afraid of the judge.

I feel sorry for the family of the security guard who died, he should have fired a little bit faster.

Glad your daughter is safe ... was she actually at the museum or just in DC?

she was well inside on one of the upper floors. she didn't really know what was going on till about 5 minutes after the shooting. her school group could have very well been right in the middle of it.

glad your daughter was not harmed in any way.

And now we are hearing rumblings of how this proves there are right wing terrorists in America. I new that would be comming. This guy did not fit the mold exactly of so called right wing or left wing. If you read his writtings he was a very troubled person that hated everybody including Jews, minorities, and Christians. I am not sure there was anyone he did not hate. Oh yes I also read on one account that he had an "obsession with guns". We new for shure that was comming.

And now we are hearing ... he had an "obsession with guns".

James von Brunn carried a lifetime of hatred and an aging .22-caliber rifle… the gun was a vintage Winchester rifle manufactured between 1908 and 1928, according to an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case. The gun is too old to be traced to a purchaser, the official said. (Link Removed)

Yeah, sounds like this guy was a real gun enthusiast!

Whether Von Brunn is obsessed with guns or not really isn't the point. He was/is messed up in the head. He broke the law, worse, he murdered an innocent man.

In America, he is innocent until proven guilty. So, soon as he recovers from his injuries at the hospital he needs to be given a fair trial. The trial should be based on, “did Von Brunn in fact kill an innocent man?” If the answer is YES, then VON BRUNN needs to pay for HIS crimes.

At that point it doesn't really matter if he collected guns, or knives, or pink polka-dotted care bear dolls... OR whether or not he was/is messed up in the head. If Von Brunn is guilty of murdering an innocent man, he needs to face a punishment equal to that of the crime he committed. End of story!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back