I was made at work.... Crap

KimberPB

OOPS.....

AAAHHHH.... Ok I must have slipped up today at some point. I know I was helping several people at there desks and bent over a few times but I'm super careful to make sure I don't print/show.

So here is what happened....

About 30 mins or so I stepped out to the break room to get a soda. I was walking back to my desk when the girl that sits behind me comes up to me and whispers "Just so you know someone saw your gun today". That caught me a little off guard and without thinking I asked "who". Normally I'd just deny it. Well, she would not tell me just wanted me to know. Then are conversation went like this:

Me: that person is not freak'n out are they?
Her: umm.. that person is a little uncomfortable...
Me: ok well, let that person know that I normally leave it in the truck but was running late from running errands at lunch so I just left it on. And if that person doesn't know I'm all legal
Her: do u think I should mention it? or leave it alone?
Me: well, if you let me know who it is I'd like to talk to them. Just explain everything maybe put there mind at ease
Her: ok
Me: So who was it?
Her: I dunno.. will let u know
Me: ok
Her: that person seems cool

I really think it’s her. Almost everyone else in the group is very gun friendly and must own a firearm. Oh did I mention this was the same person that thought my wallpaper picture of my Kimber was graphic!?!?!

OOPS.....

AAAHHHH.... Ok I must have slipped up today at some point. I know I was helping several people at there desks and bent over a few times but I'm super careful to make sure I don't print/show.

So here is what happened....

About 30 mins or so I stepped out to the break room to get a soda. I was walking back to my desk when the girl that sits behind me comes up to me and whispers "Just so you know someone saw your gun today". That caught me a little off guard and without thinking I asked "who". Normally I'd just deny it. Well, she would not tell me just wanted me to know. Then are conversation went like this:

Me: that person is not freak'n out are they?
Her: umm.. that person is a little uncomfortable...
Me: ok well, let that person know that I normally leave it in the truck but was running late from running errands at lunch so I just left it on. And if that person doesn't know I'm all legal
Her: do u think I should mention it? or leave it alone?
Me: well, if you let me know who it is I'd like to talk to them. Just explain everything maybe put there mind at ease
Her: ok
Me: So who was it?
Her: I dunno.. will let u know
Me: ok
Her: that person seems cool

I really think it’s her. Almost everyone else in the group is very gun friendly and must own a firearm. Oh did I mention this was the same person that thought my wallpaper picture of my Kimber was graphic!?!?!

She was checking ya out, then got a very unplesant surprise! :eek: From what you described, it sounds like she's the one. Kind of the "my friend".... type scenarios.

Hope she doesn't go run off and tell anyone, and if she does, I sure hope that your company policy doesn't forbid it.

gf

She was checking ya out, then got a very unplesant surprise! :eek: From what you described, it sounds like she's the one. Kind of the "my friend".... type scenarios.

Hope she doesn't go run off and tell anyone, and if she does, I sure hope that your company policy doesn't forbid it.

gf

Well, thats the thing. Our old company said no illegal weapons alowed at work but we were bought recently by a bank and the corp policy now says no weapons. So we'll see how it plays out.

I had the same thing happen to me once when I worked in a corporate type setting of an office. The policy was hazy at best but the Boss was somewhat of a "I see nothing" kind of guy who was a gun owner, but there was a lib in the office who was "offended" by guns. I ended up keeping it low key. I went to a smaller pocket carry 38 snubby or a Wather PPK 380, and kept the 1911 in my briefcase. I bought a concealed carry briefcase with a hidden draw pocket, just for the occassion. Keeping your gun a secret is a full time job when you work somewhere everyday. Sometimes you have to lower the profile to "comply" with the atmosphere at work.

I had the same thing happen to me once when I worked in a corporate type setting of an office. The policy was hazy at best but the Boss was somewhat of a "I see nothing" kind of guy who was a gun owner, but there was a lib in the office who was "offended" by guns. I ended up keeping it low key. I went to a smaller pocket carry 38 snubby or a Wather PPK 380, and kept the 1911 in my briefcase. I bought a concealed carry briefcase with a hidden draw pocket, just for the occassion. Keeping your gun a secret is a full time job when you work somewhere everyday. Sometimes you have to lower the profile to "comply" with the atmosphere at work.

yep very true! I have a few other options. . I may just start carrying my P3AT on my ankle. I just feel much more comfortable with my Kimber! Maybe I'll carry the XD in my day planner.

She still will not tell me who but did tell me that it didn't show. I leaned over to help someone at their desk and the grip printed. This person then leaned over and said "Oh my he's got his gun on him." Pointing to were it was printing.

Best of luck with this. If your company policy now states no weapons you could find yourself instantly fired for carrying. Florida law still gives absolute right to control of weapons on the premise to the employer with no recourse for the employee.

Good luck, but if it were me, I would immediately stop carrying a full size weapon and at least go to something pocketable.

I got my CC permit in April and have played out this scenerio in my mind. I work for a VERY large national company with a "no wepons" policy. They actually recently sent out a mass email to all employees as a "required online course". It was a video and online class entitled, "Surviving an active shooter in the work place".

The video starts with an armed employee walking into their office obviously armed and angry. The receptionist sees him walk past and calls to him, he ignores. He walks into a large office cubicle area and as the camera pans away, you hear "POP- POP- POP". The workers are all shown dumbfounded and in shock. The narrator then basicly instructs the viewer to crawl into a room, under a desk, call 911, turn off the cell and lights and wait to die.

I was so pissed off by the gull of this video teaching my coworkers to be victims that I sent an email to my boss! In it, I spelled out how that same scenerio would have played out if our company policy didn't require us to be victims. I was factual and professional but refused to let my company off the hook on this one.

He never replied to my email and the last time I saw him, his one line response was, "what do you want me to do with that email"? I told him to make it so I can be armed with more than a prayer and a cell phone should something like this happen at our office. He only smirked and said, "ain't gonna happen". :mad:

I'm currently waiting for my S&W J frame to arrive and seriously considering carry at work. The thought of either situation is alarming. Would suck to be found out, but would suck much more to find myself under a desk waiting to die!

It's so frustating trying to educate the public on this subject after their brains have been turned to Jello by the media. Like the saying goes, "you can't fix stupid, stupid is forever".-Ron White

I was so pissed off by the gull of this video teaching my coworkers to be victims that I sent an email to my boss! In it, I spelled out how that same scenerio would have played out if our company policy didn't require us to be victims. I was factual and professional but refused to let my company off the hook on this one.

He never replied to my email and the last time I saw him, his one line response was, "what do you want me to do with that email"? I told him to make it so I can be armed with more than a prayer and a cell phone should something like this happen at our office. He only smirked and said, "ain't gonna happen". :mad:

Your supervisor does not have the authority to really do anything other than enforce the rules on you.. The e-mail should go to HR. (If you choose it to go there)
They are likely to do nothing but respond with the existing company policy.. This put you in two positions..
1) You have been told that you can't bring your weapon to work, which is the rule anywayz
2) I would keep a copy of the response at home, then in the unlikely event anything ever happens and you get hurt or killed, then the company can be sued..

Sorry you are very unlikely to get your company to budge on this one, so the point is somewhat moot, except if something happens..

What really pisses me off about this is 1) someone made and 2) is making lots of money on this HR film you had to watch..

You may want to bring this to the NRA's attention, and see if they want to either take up the cause, or make their own professional film.. Just another thought.

Seems to me, that if you aren't supposed to be carrying at work, you should either not carry, find another job, or be prepared to accept the consequences if it suddenly became public knowledge that you were carrying.

Integrity is non-negotiable.

I hate to rub it in, but I walking into my office today (yeah worked sunday, downfall of not being corporate) and handed my boss the locked open Kimber Ultra II. He was pretty impressed by the gun and I think he wants one :biggrin:
He's actually the one who pushed me to buy my first gun and had his cwp long before I had mine. So my office is definately a friendly carry facility.
Good luck with your situation.

I have been thinking about this and the way you carry your Kimber you would have to be just about standing on your head to see it. I think she is playing with you. But just in case just put the old P3AT in your pocket. Is this the same person that thinks your wallpaper on the computer is to graphic?

I wish I could carry at work, but, I find it difficult to conceal my Millennium Pro, while having to wear my shirt tucked in, and be able to crawl in, around, and under customers vehicles without some problems. For now, I keep it in the truck, and, since the boss knows I have it, hope I get a chance to slip outside if the bad stuff starts. Has anyone on here got any Ideas of a holster, or anything else that may help me pull it off? I am sure that the boss would not care, as long as a customer didn't see it and start freaking out. I tend to carry my .38 semi-regurlarly in the winter, while wearing a jacket, and we have had some varied discussions of firearms in the workplace. His only concern is for the comfort of our customers, and security of the firearm.

A few that I like and alternate between are:

pagerpal.jpg

Link Removed

Link Removed

Either the Pager Pal or the Smart Carry lets you carry a full-sized 5" 1911 unprinted...

You can buy the uncle mikes sidekick for any piece ever made for like 20 bucks, it will never wear the bluing off your piece, its one of my favorites, its basically (the way I prefer to carry it) inside the waistband, small of back in left-hand configuration that I invert for a right hand palm out draw, which is very natural for me vs. palm in...
I don't have a problem with this guy carrying 4" commander length single stacks, but double stacks and full size 1911's require a little more clothing ingenuity...
Its not made of leather, although it is very durable and yet still comfortable...

My best suggestion for preventing being "made", is to check before you head out of your house... does any bending, sitting, stretching or related action expose you?
If so, time to reevaluate your concealed carry ensemble so to speak...

IF you have to consciously prevent yourself from being "made", its unnatural, and will make you stand out like a sore thumb in a crowd...

You would be amazed at what you can carry with the right forethought...

best regards.

P.S.
Glock G36 in the sock... (I Wear it whenever I am wearing long pants)

Link Removed

Link Removed

The Second Amendment does not state "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" Except... if your zip code is X, your standing at Y, or the type or class of firearm you own or desire to own is Z...

Like the Gun Free School Zones Insanity, the Gun Free Work Place Initiatives are driven and funded by the Brady Bunch who routinely sends those videos and related fictional paraphernalia to licensed business owners and corporations throughout the United States...

The NRA, GOA, SAF, JPFO, Dave Kopel, and others are continually working towards efforts to restore your unalienable right to defend your life, that of your friends, family, neighbors., etc., by any means necessary, using equal or greater force then may be brought against you, by all potential enemy's foreign or domestic, including but not limited to the Tyranny of our own Government, and the Current Usurper Executive Branch...

Support their efforts on your behalf...

http://jpfo.org/
Link Removed
http://saf.org/
http://nraila.org/
http://www.davekopel.com/
http://www.volokh.com/

"Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1789

What the heck, Doc?

Seems to me, that if you aren't supposed to be carrying at work, you should either not carry, find another job, or be prepared to accept the consequences if it suddenly became public knowledge that you were carrying.

Seems to me that you are a master of stating the obvious.

Integrity is non-negotiable.

I have never read anything from KimberPB, including this post, that would lead me to question his integrity.

KimberRB, on the other hand...... :no: (Just kidding, RB!)

First rule of a Gunfight, Bring a Gun!

Always Carry...

When seconds count, the police are minutes away...

yep very true! I have a few other options. . I may just start carrying my P3AT on my ankle. I just feel much more comfortable with my Kimber! Maybe I'll carry the XD in my day planner.

have you ever tried a smart carry holster? no bending would print with it. I mean I guess from your other post you usually keep it in your truck.. but just a suggestion.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back