Hair Tie For Your Light

watchmaker

A HAIR TIE FOR YOUR TACTICAL LIGHT

Hi guys,
Many tactical lights come with a lanyard, so you can let go of them while you are reloading or opening doors, etc.

However these long lanyards give the light too much freedom of movement, and sometimes can cause some problems as they can get hang on something or as I saw it happening, colliding the light into your head when trying to clear a stove-pipe jam.

The inexpensive hair tie can be knotted into a light that doesn’t have a point of attachment, so it more practical in all situations.
Its short length, help to keep more control on your light, and it is very easy to use; one flip of your wrist and the light is in the back of your hand, another flip and is back into your palm.

The pictures show it attached to my thumb (due to my large hands is in my case more comfortable) but it also can be used in the middle finger, or even in the index finger.

Visit your GF or wife and give the hair tie a try.

tieonASP.jpg

hairtie.jpg

backofhand.jpg

Cheers
Watchmaker

That's a good idea. I would have never thought of using one of those. Thanks

Last edited:
Great idea! Thanks. I tried it tonight and it works awesome. I had always wondered what I would do with the light if I needed to reload, etc. and just figured it would be dangling off my wrist by the lanyard. This makes it so much easier and quicker to get back in my hands. Now if I can just get my wife to stop laughing at me....:D

good fix!

Smart and cheap. Good Fix

If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid.

That's pretty much how my Streamlight Thunder Ranch light works. It has a rubber 0-ring attached so that it can be manipulated like in your photos.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back