Child Custody Issue

wildcathunter

Well this past week was spring break. I was so excited. I would be getting my son for the entire week. 6pm the day school lets out till 6pm the day before lets in. witch is Friday threw the following Sunday. Well packing my camping stuff Friday afternoon and i get a call from a local deputy saying that my x was at the station saying i had not returned my son on time. Well i went to the sheriff department and showed him the paper work that clearly states im to have him like state above irrespective of weekend visitation schedule. He continued to tell me i was in contempt of court and that i will most likely have a warrant sworn for my arrest.he said that he spoke with the superior court judge and the judge said i was in contempt and needed to be arrested. i would later find out that he was bluffing me. What an idiot. So i had to give my son to my x and sit at home the rest of the weekend waiting on them to come serve there warrant. Well they never did so this morning i went and spoke with my lawyer. We called the judge and guess what no Friday night phone calls to him. And comes to find out i was completely right about keeping my son till Sunday. So now i am forced to sue the local sheriff department. Im just so glad i had my brother in law who is a state parole officer with me the entire time to witness the deputy threatening me and everything. I hate to do this but i think it needs to be well known that the deputy crossed the line. The only monetary damages i am seeking are lawyer fees. Its not like im out to get rich. I just want this deputy set straight. In the end no one will win in something like this. Anyways thanks for reading i needed to vent.

I wish you all the luck. My late hubby went thru this with his first wife, 45 years ago. It's sad that people treat each other like this! The kids are truly hurt by this.

sorry to hear all the bs with your ex. ?why would the leo do this to you?. may be he dating your ex, or willing to do any thing to get her out of his office.

sorry to hear all the bs with your ex. ?why would the leo do this to you?. may be he dating your ex, or willing to do any thing to get her out of his office.

hmmm i havent though of this... he did have to tell her and her step mom to shut up a couple times.. but either way he was way outta line

Nail the jackass! That kind of stuff is unacceptable! A sworn LEO should remain neutral and "uphold the law" regardless of his personal feelings. :nono:

What a bunch of crap. Hope you prevail and the guy gets put out of the LE business. I think an internal investigation will clear things up.

gf

I'd sue the smack out of them. Buy your kid somethin nice...they have the money. As far as why he would have done this? The only motive I could conclude if it were me is that he was trying to hump your EX...sorry to be blunt but why the hell else would he put his job on the line??

Make an example out of him because I went through a similar issue and the officer ALWAYS took her side! Fathers have no rights if you ask me!!

yeah fathers have no rights.. or men in general when it comes to a woman... my ex claimed i beat her one time and i was at teh freaking lake fishing with my buddy when she called it in. Nearly arrested me. idiot wouldnt take a minute to notice if i beat her as bad as she was claiming she would have some kinda mark.. and when i mentioned this she changed her story and said i put a pillow over her head and he still believed her. but lucky for me the divorce judge didnt. and btw i was never arrested for beating her.

Lucky guy....

and btw i was never arrested for beating her.

Of course not, because that would have precluded you from ever obtaining a CCW. I learned that with my ex-wife. The first time that she called the police while we were arguing (not because I hit her, but because she wanted them to "set me straight") was the last day that I stayed in my own home. I moved out that afternoon. All of her crying and begging didn't even begin to convince me to take her back.

I believe that the courts should take these "wolf cries" seriously... she is obviously abusing the system, just so that you can not get the time you were awarded with your son... which is also sad, that you have to be awarded this "extra" time with your son. For some reason, the system is failing, the good people, the ones that are trying to do everything right....
I will keep you in my prayers, that all of this works out....

I believe that the courts should take these "wolf cries" seriously... she is obviously abusing the system, just so that you can not get the time you were awarded with your son... which is also sad, that you have to be awarded this "extra" time with your son. For some reason, the system is failing, the good people, the ones that are trying to do everything right....

thank you so much

Sue. If possible get an attorney that practices both family and civil law. I would also let the department's internal affairs know you're taking this matter to civil court via your attorney. Perhaps they may write you a check to resolve the issue out of court. In Nevada we have something called oppression under the color of office which is a felony. Perhaps a similar statute exists in GA.

Sue. If possible get an attorney that practices both family and civil law. I would also let the department's internal affairs know you're taking this matter to civil court via your attorney. Perhaps they may write you a check to resolve the issue out of court. In Nevada we have something called oppression under the color of office which is a felony. Perhaps a similar statute exists in GA.

im not out to get rich or to see the deputy thrown in jail.. i just want a judge ruling letting them know they crossed the line

no kidding.. I'd be going after the D'bag too! that is unacceptable!

Don't be so nice

im not out to get rich or to see the deputy thrown in jail.. i just want a judge ruling letting them know they crossed the line

You're a lot more forgiving than I would be. I really despise people who LIE and abuse their authority. I wouldn't seek financial compensation except for legal fees, but I would definitely want the deputy and sheriff's office to feel (not just know) you're not a push over, suspension, fines or leave w/o pay. I might even take the judgment to the town council or city manager/major. Maybe they and others will think twice before taking sides.

Help us out, Wildcat!

For our sake, please help the rest of us out. If you let these guys squeak by with little resistance, they will do it again. You need to punish them so that they think twice about doing this to anyone else. The only thing that they fear and respect is a financial beat down. If you feel really guilty about the money received, just donate to the NRA or the GOA. Of course, with cash in hand, you might decide a college fund would be a smart investment.

I totally agree Fathers have no rights ! My ex is trying right now to have me arrested for being behind in child support and I have my receipts but child support recovery says if she doesn't agree that she received the payments then my receipts don't mean Squat! and she also tries to threaten me with the police if I am late bringing my daughter back from my visitation.

I totally agree Fathers have no rights ! My ex is trying right now to have me arrested for being behind in child support and I have my receipts but child support recovery says if she doesn't agree that she received the payments then my receipts don't mean Squat! and she also tries to threaten me with the police if I am late bringing my daughter back from my visitation.

i feel ya brother... don't give her cash or checks get money orders and keep the receipts.. that crap about receipts don't mean anything is bull. your responsibility is to make sure she gets it. send it priority mail return receipt requested. if she dosent cash it it is her problem. And they cant do anything to you without a judge. and i highly doubt a judge will say your receipts don't mean anything. and one more thing man. if the court papers say you have to have your child back at a certain time then do it. i know it hurts but its a court order and if you are late you can be found in contempt. don't give her any ammo against you. do the right thing and go by the papers. then when it comes time to fight let her make herself look like the @$$

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back