Got My Ruger LCP Today But Can't Find Ammo!

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Well nothing sucks more than picking up a new gun and not being able to find ammo for it. Ruger sent me the LCP to review and I picked it up this morning. I've called all the stores in my area and checked all over the internet and I can't find any .380 ammo. Guess it'll be a nice paper weight for a bit until I can find some.

Man, that sucks - got a new toy, and can't play with it!!! Good luck finding ammo! Too bad you're not in SC - there's a gun show this weekend!

There was a gun show last weekend that I didn't go to and I'm kicking myself now for that. There's also one about an hour and a half away this weekend that I'm thinking of taking a trip too.

Ammo

Just had a gun show here in Norfolk 2 weeks agos and in Hampton this weekend. No 380/9mm/38/357/ to be found. :laugh:I'm glad I reload:laugh: I seem to be having trouble finding the one I can't reload, though (.22LR). I found two boxes of CCI Blazer for 2.90 a box.

Sorry to here. I know it's a pain right now. About four months ago I ordered from Sportsmans Guide they said it would be a few months. It shipped in around three weeks seems like, so you never know. Might want to give them a try. Good Luck.

DJ58

It was three months between sightings of .380 ammo for me. The drought ended a few days ago when I got two 100-rd Winchester WB FMJ at Wal-Mart. I only took two of the five boxes, the rest were gone by later in the day.

Order a box from Buffalo Bore direct, so at least you have some decent self defense ammo. It's too pricey for range shooting but it's a good round and when I ordered from them last month I received it in 3 days. There website still shows it in stock as of now.

Picked up my wifes LCP Thursday night, (had it on back order since Oct). But being the wise man that I am :pleasantry: I bought 300 rounds of .380 back in Dec from Cabelas, (back ordered at the time). Now here's the rub.... My wife hasn't been able to make time to go shoot it. So here I am with a new toy and still can't play with it.

I put some 380 Gold Dot on backorder with Cabela's back in March, luckily I received it about 3 weeks later.
380 ammo can currently be found on Gunbroker.

Luke I can help you out. I have 380 ammo so you can just send me the LCP and I will brake it in for you. :pleasantry:

Order a box from Buffalo Bore direct, so at least you have some decent self defense ammo. It's too pricey for range shooting but it's a good round and when I ordered from them last month I received it in 3 days. There website still shows it in stock as of now.

That's +P which the manual says I can't shoot through the LCP.

Here's a link to a few:

Link Removed[sort]=1&search[group]=0

This is all sold out too.

Luke I can help you out. I have 380 ammo so you can just send me the LCP and I will brake it in for you. :pleasantry:

Nice offer but no thanks! I found a friend with...don't laugh....10 rounds of 380 that they are giving me. I'm also working on a couple other sources. I checked gunbroker but just don't want to pay the prices people are paying for that ammo on there.

Luke there are two places here in Ohio that has it Fin Feather Fur Outfitters and The Sportsmen’s Den they both have web sites and you can order from them. I was just there and it is in stock (well as of 5:00pm) 380 and 9mm $19.99 a box two box limit.

That's +P which the manual says I can't shoot through the LCP.

I know. The manual says you are not to carry the gun loaded either, unless you are ready to shoot it immediately. I don't know of many who use it for CCW who keep the chamber empty while carrying however. :)

Lot's of folks over at Link Removed shoot it and say it works just fine. I wouldn't use it for range ammo anyway, it's too expensive. I personally use Remington Golden Sabre as my SD ammo, but I do use the Buffalo Bore in both of my other two Rugers. It is an option for you, just putting it out there.

Lucky you still have Primers and Powder

Just had a gun show here in Norfolk 2 weeks agos and in Hampton this weekend. No 380/9mm/38/357/ to be found. :laugh:I'm glad I reload:laugh: I seem to be having trouble finding the one I can't reload, though (.22LR). I found two boxes of CCI Blazer for 2.90 a box.

Can't get any primers to reload and just saw MidwayUSA has some powder but at 2X the price....:fie:

I know the feeling

Well nothing sucks more than picking up a new gun and not being able to find ammo for it. Ruger sent me the LCP to review and I picked it up this morning. I've called all the stores in my area and checked all over the internet and I can't find any .380 ammo. Guess it'll be a nice paper weight for a bit until I can find some.

My normal carry is a 380 because it is so compact low on ammo. No practicing :cray: and thinking about carrying something else :fie:- patience.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back