Fun Shooting Day

jchantelau

Met up with some friends at the range today and had the opportunity to shoot a couple of guns for the first time.

Sig p226 - Very nice smooth firearm. The frame is much larger then my G22 but a very nice firearm and one I would like to add to my collection.

Sig p239 - the compact version of the p226, single stack magazine and that nice and smooth sig trigger. For a compact it is on the heavy side but very accurate.

Kimber 1911 - WOW, I have to say, I loved shooting this one. Very nice trigger and very accurate. It had less felt recoil then my G22. I want one!:biggrin:

SW M&P45 - Very Glock like and enjoyable to shoot. I still prefer the Glock trigger over the M&P but a very nice gun, this one surprised me a little. I actually like the way it felt in my hand over my G22 and the recoil was about the same as my G22.

Of course I put about 150 rounds through my Glock 22 and Glock 27. It was a blast to shoot some different guns. Now I have to figure out where to get the money to pick up a Kimber!:biggrin:

Just thought I would share my day at the range.

Met up with some friends at the range today and had the opportunity to shoot a couple of guns for the first time.

Sig p226 - Very nice smooth firearm. The frame is much larger then my G22 but a very nice firearm and one I would like to add to my collection.

Sig p239 - the compact version of the p226, single stack magazine and that nice and smooth sig trigger. For a compact it is on the heavy side but very accurate.

Kimber 1911 - WOW, I have to say, I loved shooting this one. Very nice trigger and very accurate. It had less felt recoil then my G22. I want one!:biggrin:

SW M&P45 - Very Glock like and enjoyable to shoot. I still prefer the Glock trigger over the M&P but a very nice gun, this one surprised me a little. I actually like the way it felt in my hand over my G22 and the recoil was about the same as my G22.

Of course I put about 150 rounds through my Glock 22 and Glock 27. It was a blast to shoot some different guns. Now I have to figure out where to get the money to pick up a Kimber!:biggrin:

Just thought I would share my day at the range.

Sounds like you have a great day! All the guns you shot are nice but I'll second the WOW for the Kimber. I love my Ultra CDP II. I actually just got back from the range also. I just installed a set of XS sights on my XD nd had to try it out.

Sounds like you have a great day! All the guns you shot are nice but I'll second the WOW for the Kimber. I love my Ultra CDP II. I actually just got back from the range also. I just installed a set of XS sights on my XD nd had to try it out.

That Kimber I shot today was awesome. So how were the sights?

That Kimber I shot today was awesome. So how were the sights?

I really liked them a lot. I think they are going to make great self defense sights. I'm going to do some more dry fire practice and a couple more trips to the range but I may put them on the Kimber also. I posted more about the accuracy in the handgun forum but heres a pic of the sights.

HPIM0499.jpg

I like those sites, where did you find them....online??
And how hard was the instal??
One more question, Have you has any FTF with the XD? Mine is a .45 cal and I had one stove pipe with Blazer brass ammo?? Just wondering if you or anyone else have had issues with Blazer in an XD

I like those sites, where did you find them....online??
And how hard was the instal??
One more question, Have you has any FTF with the XD? Mine is a .45 cal and I had one stove pipe with Blazer brass ammo?? Just wondering if you or anyone else have had issues with Blazer in an XD

The factory sites were a PITA to get out. I don't think they get fitted just pressed in. The rear site was not too bad but the front took some work. The new XS sites with a little fitting went in smoothly.

I picked them up from MidwayUSA.com. Last I checked they still had them in stock.

This gun is fairly new. I picked it up acouple weeks ago and have 350 rounds through it. So far not a single issue. I put 100 rounds through it the day after I got it. Then the following day used it during a 200 round self defensive shoot class. Everything from double taps to multiple mag dumps. Functioned flawlessly. The last 50 round I put through it last night to try out the new sites. Out of the 350 rounds 100 were magtech the rest were my handloads.

I really liked them a lot. I think they are going to make great self defense sights. I'm going to do some more dry fire practice and a couple more trips to the range but I may put them on the Kimber also. I posted more about the accuracy in the handgun forum but heres a pic of the sights.

HPIM0499.jpg

Very nice! I prefer a 3 dot sight but I like the big front sight. My buddy still had the stock sights on his Kimber and they were terrible....all black. He's looking to fix that problem now. Thanks for sharing.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back