BDR-138 "Any semi auto" BDR DEAD

BDR-138 (Asm Settelmeyer) was to makes various changes re: firearms.

This bill WAS to be the "fix" to give Nevadans "any semi auto" just like we currently have "any revolver" on CCW permits.

Unfortunately, the bill is DEAD - for reasons not totally known to me at this time.

I am very disappointed. We've waited two years for this and now the bill will not even be heard.

Assembly Judiciary Cmte Chairman Bernie Anderson was expected to try to kill the bill, and I suspect he had a hand in it.

I fully believe that we could have mounted a grass roots campaign to convince him to allow the bill to be heard.

If heard, I believe we could have prevailed and got the bill enacted. After all, in the 2007 legislature even the NSCA supported this measure.

Anyway, I sincerely thank Assemblyman Settelmeyer for making the effort! You too can thank him by emailing him at [email protected]

We shall endeavor to enact this legislation in the next legislative session!

BDR-138 (Asm Settelmeyer) was to makes various changes re: firearms.

This bill WAS to be the "fix" to give Nevadans "any semi auto" just like we currently have "any revolver" on CCW permits.

Unfortunately, the bill is DEAD - for reasons not totally known to me at this time.

I am very disappointed. We've waited two years for this and now the bill will not even be heard.

Assembly Judiciary Cmte Chairman Bernie Anderson was expected to try to kill the bill, and I suspect he had a hand in it.

I fully believe that we could have mounted a grass roots campaign to convince him to allow the bill to be heard.

If heard, I believe we could have prevailed and got the bill enacted. After all, in the 2007 legislature even the NSCA supported this measure.

Anyway, I sincerely thank Assemblyman Settelmeyer for making the effort! You too can thank him by emailing him at [email protected]

We shall endeavor to enact this legislation in the next legislative session!
It was also going to restore the NICS exemption as well. Fortunately Bernie is term limited out so we won't have to deal with him again at least in the assembly. I don't know if he can run for State Senate though. AB230 could be amended in the Senate to add the provisions of BDR 138 though since it's a CCW bill too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back