Ever had a bad dream

securecarry76

Last night I was awoken from a bad dream. I dreamt that I was at home sleeping and that some of the people of my past (many enemies) came to my house for revenge and took my son hostage. The sheer fact of this reminds me of why I choose to have the protection of a firearm for my family. I will fight to the end for this reason. I tend to become complacent with life out here in the counrty but the facts are that you just never know when you may need to defend yourself or your familiy. :frown:

That is scary. Nothing worse than to have something happen to a loved one and the thought is not a very nice one. The only nightmare I have had lately started in Nov. and continues to get worse.

I was discussing dreams such as that to a friend of mine who is an LEO. Don stated there are a number of people who have dreams where there is trouble w/ the weapon. Most are those new to the field. He also stated that there is some psychological matter also which says the person would have trouble if a situation arises. I do not believe that. I have had dreams like that, even the nights before we would play paintball. mainly the gun was tough to operate d/t not being oiled enough. But, I ALWAYS shot my prey the next day. Don't fret it. To me, dreams like that are a frequent occurance. I chalk it up to my profession - parapathetic. I see much in the line of work, so to me, those dreams, as disturbing as they may be some nights, are par for my course.

BTW - according to Jon Tesh, nightmares occur when the room is cold. what was the room like that night? Good luck, and pleasant dreams. Fret not, I am sure if it ever came down to it, we would all protect our loved ones, no doubt aboot it!

That is scary. Nothing worse than to have something happen to a loved one and the thought is not a very nice one. The only nightmare I have had lately started in Nov. and continues to get worse.

nightmare, nah! more like a real bad horror movie! ugh!

I've had dreams where my own firearms were involved.. usually it's me pulling them out and either just pointing or firing at the bad guy because they are harming a friend or family member. so at least in my dreams... everything worked out as it should.

I've been having alot of strange dreams lately, one was running into some BGs in a parking deck, the last one I actually died, at least I think. I was enjoying a rooftop condo, small building surrounded by other small buildings (ie 5 story), and a large airliner came down, first smashing into the building in front of the one I was in, then cartwheeling to the building I was on.

Must be the current political climate giving me heartburn.

Until the past 6 months or so, never had these type of dreams, now I've had 3.

i have had dreams where at the time i was pulling the trigger on a pistol the gun fell apart in my hand and was left defenceless,had that dream many times why i dont know, now the pistol is back up and have a rifle for defence instead no more dreams of the gun falling apart guess i just didnt trust a pistol for defence in my mind.:laugh:

Been having this recurring nightmare that began on January 20 of this year. There's one primary player who is determined to take my guns away. There's a lot of controversy about this individual. I wouldn't trust this guy to babysit my worse enemy, yet many have faith that his idea of "change" is good for our country.

I have a strong feeling that my nightmare will continue for the next 4 years. :sad:

gf

Been having this recurring nightmare that began on January 20 of this year. There's one primary player who is determined to take my guns away. There's a lot of controversy about this individual. I wouldn't trust this guy to babysit my worse enemy, yet many have faith that his idea of "change" is good for our country.

I have a strong feeling that my nightmare will continue for the next 4 years. :sad:

gf

Why do I have that same nightmare every moment I'm awake?

I had a bad dream that it was late at night and there was apounding on my front door....I went down and opened it and there stood my ex wife with her luggage....I screamed! and woke up in a cold sweat:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back