AB-288 - Castle Doctrine for Nevada

It has been said in the past that Nevada law on this subject isn't too bad, but NEEDS to be improved.

Well, Assemblyman Harry Mortenson (Clark Co, District 42) has introduced AB-288. See Asm Mortenson's legislative biography here: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/75th2009/Legislators/Assembly/Mortenson.pdf

AB-288 is an outstanding bill - good for Nevada - and deserves everyones' support!

AB-288 bill full text and history here: AB288

(Note the bipartisan co-sponsorship.)

Nevada Legislature is the Nevada Legislature's official website; it contains a wealth of information. There, you can click on "Share Your Opinion on Legislative Bills" which will take you here: Link Removed

You may then cast your "vote" on the bill and even type an optional comment.

I certainly encourage everyone to "vote" in support of AB-288.

AB-288 has been referred to the Judiciary Committee: Assembly Judiciary Committee - 75th (2009) Session Everyone is encouraged to correspond with the members of the Jud Cmte to voice support also.

The Assemby Judiciary Committee members' email:

Anderson, Bernie
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]
Chairman

Carpenter, John
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Cobb, Ty
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Dondero Loop, Marilyn
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Gustavson, Don
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Hambrick, John
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Horne, William
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Kihuen, Ruben
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Manendo, Mark
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

McArthur, Richard
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Mortenson, Harry
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Ohrenschall, James
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Parnell, Bonnie
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Segerblom, Tick
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]
Vice Chairman

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, guys, Assembly Judiciary Committee Chairman Bernie Anderson has indicated he does NOT like the "civil immunity" part of the bill. He may even try to kill the bill.

The "civil immunity" clause is a "MUST RETAIN" item.

I believe we'll need to mount a very strong grass roots campaign to get this bill enacted as written.

Please, please write/email/call/fax Bernie Anderson and URGE him to hear AB-288 in committee and pass it as it is written with NO amendments.

Well, guys, Assembly Judiciary Committee Chairman Bernie Anderson has indicated he does NOT like the "civil immunity" part of the bill. He may even try to kill the bill.

The "civil immunity" clause is a "MUST RETAIN" item.

I believe we'll need to mount a very strong grass roots campaign to get this bill enacted as written.

Please, please write/email/call/fax Bernie Anderson and URGE him to hear AB-288 in committee and pass it as it is written with NO amendments.

Why is he such a tool?

I've sent each member of the Judiciary Committee the following:

I am writing to ask you to hear AB-288 in committee and pass it as it is written with NO amendments. The citizens of Nevada should be able to defend themselves on their own property, including their vehicle and transient lodging, without the fear of civil repercussion. AB-288 will send a clear message to criminals that they are risking their lives by breaking into our homes or hotel rooms, or by attempting a car-jacking. I believe AB-288 will result in a decrease in this type of crime. I would not shoot a criminal who was stealing a material possession unless my family or myself were in grave danger. I would not want to live with a justifiable homicide on my conscience period, and definitely not over a material possession. However, I would feel safer knowing that the criminals are aware that I have a right to shoot.

I've also posted comments on the Nevada Legislature website. I strongly urge the other Nevada members of USACarry to do the same.

I've sent each member of the Judiciary Committee the following:

I've also posted comments on the Nevada Legislature website. I strongly urge the other Nevada members of USACarry to do the same.

Agreed, and been there and done that a while ago.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back