commercial vehicle

Tom in ct

I have a concealed pistol permit in C.T. and cant find anything in regulations about not carrying in a commercial vehicle. i was told by a friend its not permited. but i cant find any rule can any one help

I have a concealed pistol permit in C.T. and cant find anything in regulations about not carrying in a commercial vehicle. i was told by a friend its not permited. but i cant find any rule can any one help
That's because there is no DOT regulation for it. It's legal. Keep in mind that some armored vehicles are commercial vehicles because of the GVWR.

It's legal however a large percentage of companies will not allow you to carry at your place of business or in their vehicle, so be absolutely sure and get something in writing stating you're not breaking a company policy just to cover your butt if its not your truck.

You said commercial vehicle so I don't know if you're a tractor trailer driver or what not but also be careful crossing state lines carrying your weapon. Usually it has to be unloaded and locked in a compartment that you cannot access while driving such as the sleeper cab of a TT.

Last edited:
If you have a CCW and it is recognized by the state you are driving through there is no problem carrying your weapon on your person. However you need to know the laws in the state your traveling because if you happen to get pulled over by a cop some states,like Louisiana and Michigan require you to inform the officer that you have a permit and that you are carrying. If you don't know the laws or are unsure if your permit is good in that state,your pretty safe storing your firearm in a locked case,unloaded,and ammo stored in a separate place and not reachable from the drivers seat. is a good source for finding reciprocity between the states as well as most state laws regarding concealed carry. BTW I am a truck driver and I carry and while I haven't been pulled over roadside, I have been pulled into the scalehouse and the scalemaster was very cool about my CCW. Hopes this helps.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back