Good Sub-compact for the price

sheashae

New to this
I am looking for a good sub-compact to carry over the summer. All I have is a standard addition glock and want something a bit smaller. Anyone know of a well priced good sub compact? Please let me know

Have you thought about a smith and wesson 442 with a crimson trace grip? That and a good pocket holsterfrom Pocket Holsters and you are well on your way. I know that you said " for the price" but you really do get what you pay for.

I am looking for a good sub-compact to carry over the summer. All I have is a standard addition glock and want something a bit smaller. Anyone know of a well priced good sub compact? Please let me know

I believe you mentioned you had a Glock 22c in a previous thread. I will agree that is a tough pistol to conceal especially during the summer. Since you already have a Glock and it is already chambered for the .40 S&W cartridge, your best bet would be the Glock 27 "Mini Glock". This would be the most economical choice if you are looking to save $$ on ammo. I have a G-27 and love it. It takes a little getting used to at first as it is small and recoil is a little "snappy". However, it is easy to shoot with a little practice and it is easy to conceal.

As Glockster said the Glock might be a good choice. My carry gun is the hK2000sk but it is not cheap. Both are at the top of my list. If I were to add to my collection today it would be the Sig 250 in the sub compact size.

I really love my beretta px4 subcompact 9mm. I shot an IDPA match with it last weekend and was amazed at the 1.5'' 3 shot group i put on target with it at 25yds from a kneeling position while leaning around a baracade. needless to say its extremely accurate for a 3incher, its my favorite carry gun for warmer weather.

Find a shooting range near you that rents out guns and has a good selection. Try all the sub compacts you can to see what you like. Then try the pawn shops in your area. You can usually knock as much as $100 off their asking price.

When dealing with the pawn shops. If you find a gun you like. Go to gunbroker.com and see what the SAME GUN is going for online. Then take about 50% to 60% off that price. that is probalby what the pawnbroker paid for the weapon. Then realizing he wants to make a profit make an offer. Have cash with you to entice the deal.

Find a shooting range near you that rents out guns and has a good selection. Try all the sub compacts you can to see what you like. Then try the pawn shops in your area. You can usually knock as much as $100 off their asking price.

When dealing with the pawn shops. If you find a gun you like. Go to gunbroker.com and see what the SAME GUN is going for online. Then take about 50% to 60% off that price. that is probalby what the pawnbroker paid for the weapon. Then realizing he wants to make a profit make an offer. Have cash with you to entice the deal.

Great advice thanks man

Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm, .40mm or .45 take your choice. I have over a thousand rounds through mine with out a failure. And the price is right!

I have a Glock 27 and I am extremely happy with it.
I you are considering a 9mm, the Springfield XD9SC is probably your best bet, it is about the same size as a Glock 26-27, but now they have redesigned the magazine so it will carry 13 rounds and the magazine is still flushed at the bottom of the grip, so it does not add any length to it..

I finally got a G27 and am very happy with it. It is way more accurate than I thought it would be. Very nice gun.

Ruger LCP in the front pocket, Kel Tec PF9 inside the belt in the back......can't quite figure out which is the backup.....

i like the glock series also. i currently carry a glock 26 because i got a hellua dealon it but im looking into the glock 27 becasue im a .40 fan

Link Removed if you are looking at 9mm otherwise they have other calibers too. I've been searching for a small carry for the last few weeks and after going through a decent list that is the one I will most likely pick up. The early P series Kahr's seemed to have some problems; however, based on my research and speaking with actual owners the new versions as well as the CW series are extremely dependable. You just need to do that 200 round break in period but honestly if you are going to trust your life to a weapon you should have done more then 200 rounds in practice anyway. So the break in period doesn't really count in my books because I will be shooting more then that to build confidence, training, and proficiency. Remember it's not just your life on the line, it is also those you may be defending and innocent bystanders that could get caught by any strays.

My full time carry is a Glock 27, 9+1 rounds of 180 JHP. WOW, love this gun.

Kel Tech PF9...thinnest lightest 9mm out there
reliability on their latest production gun should be ok
retal is around $330

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back