Votes: 1 0.8%
  • STI 9MM

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Taurus Model 85

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Taurus PT 1911 AR

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Whenever I’m out in the woods hiking or just being outdoors, I open carry my Sig P220 Elite 10mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do not open carry in the Public. Just dumb IMO. I do not want the anti's in my face and I do not want to get into theirs. And even people that are not Anti- 2nd amendment get a uneasy feeling with some guy walking around with a big gun on that is not a LE. Besides it is tacky as heck. Makes you look weird. Especially some of these guys that look like they were raised in a barn. If someone had a huge cellphone or tablet strapped to his belt he would be called a Nerd. A gun on is worse than looking like a nerd. And no one knows a thing about you, for all they know, you are a grade A nutcase with a short fuse temper that might explode anytime. God forbid you get some bad service.
And why loose the art of concealment and surprise? Just makes no sense.

I do not open carry in the Public. Just dumb IMO. I do not want the anti's in my face and I do not want to get into theirs. And even people that are not Anti- 2nd amendment get a uneasy feeling with some guy walking around with a big gun on that is not a LE. Besides it is tacky as heck. Makes you look weird. Especially some of these guys that look like they were raised in a barn. If someone had a huge cellphone or tablet strapped to his belt he would be called a Nerd. A gun on is worse than looking like a nerd. And no one knows a thing about you, for all they know, you are a grade A nutcase with a short fuse temper that might explode anytime. God forbid you get some bad service.
And why loose the art of concealment and surprise? Just makes no sense.

Well said, and exactly my sentiments. I know open carry has its pros, but it also has its cons as well. Quite frankly I think that open carry really ought to be reserved for those that live in states that allow open carry without a permit but if you live somewhere that requires a permit for both, or somewhere that doesn’t require a permit at all for open or concealed carry, I think concealed carry is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite is Glock 23 Handgun.
This is the “Commander” size handgun from Glock. It's smaller than full-size firearms, making it easier to carry without sacrificing power. Although the Model G19 in 9mm is likely to be more popular, many gun enthusiasts still believe in defensive cartridges that begin with a four.

The G23 in.40 S&W is a tiny pistol with a 14-round capacity that is pleasant to carry all day. Many intelligent gun owners choose it as their regular carry weapon.

Uberti black powder Navy Colt. Shoots like a dream, I carry it on the job as an armored car guard.

Does that use percussion caps? It's not often I hear about someone using a black powder weapon for self defense.
Yep, it does. I love it. And for those who are going to say I’ve only got six, well I carry a Mauser C96 as a back-up.

Last edited:
My bright yellow water pistol! In today's world only a uniformed patrol officer, a badge carrying law-enforcement official, or a civilian nincompoop should, or would open carry. Just because someone can do something does NOT mean that it's a good idea.

I love my Girsan Regard MC /Beretta M9A3 clone , I carry it in a Safariland 7377 7TS™ ALS® CONCEALMENT BELT LOOP HOLSTER . It fits great and is a level two retention so it is not easy to be taken away if someone becomes a Jacka** fool .

Don't believe in open carry. I believe one showing a weapon will be the first taken out. I believe the element of surprise is more important than a gun show. IMO
Only when out in the woods does the family open carry because a bear or a gator is never out gun shopping with a Louisville slugger.
When I /we do it's usually a .45 1911 or a .357 revolver.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back