North Shore Firearms

They are in Middleton Massachusetts. I just purchased a Sig P220 from them with night sites. I must say, this WILL be the store I buy from till I move out of Massachusetts. They are very professional, very helpful, very knowledgeable, and very customer oriented. I have never had such a good experience buying a firearm. They showed me how to clean it properly, how to take it apart, how to do everything. They answered every question I had and were very happy to do so. These guys know how to run a business as well as how to serve customers. I will be going back as soon as my wallet permits me to purchase a new firearm. Great store owned and operated by great people!

Give them a look if you guys are in the area. You will not be disappointed.

I must say when I found this place I too was taken in by their friendliness. I have since found out after two purchases that at least one of their managers does not have a customer friendly attitude. In fact quite the opposite. The owner was not on site today, and I am sure if he were there would have been entirely different outcome. No business that relies on customers purchasing specialized items can survive with the treatment I received today. Suffice to say I will not drop any more of my money at their store unless this particular manager is no longer an employee. I hope for their sake that the dismissive condescending attitude was worth losing a customer and all the people I will be talking to face to face at the local gun clubs.

I was actually approached out side the store by a customer who overheard the exchange and we talk more about what happened and he agreed that the way I was treated was outrageous. Before leaving the parking lot I called the manufacturer of the product to let them know what happened and i ended up talking with the VP of sales that deals with all of the US dealers. He assured me he would be contacted then on my behalf and advised me to drive another 29 miles down the road to a very well established authorized dealer that has a great reputation with customers and the manufacturer I spoke with. I was actually pleased with the feedback he gave me regarding my complaint and how unhappy he appeared to hear my story.

By now you are probably wondering what happened. It really was minor and overblown n=by the store except for the way I was treated.

I purchased a .22 rimfire conversion kit and wanted some ammo to fire today. They didn't have the ammo so I went to anoer store to pick some up. The other store had the ammo, and the conversion kit I purchased. I asked what thier price was and found out that I paid 35$ more. Oh well no bid deal. My attitude was i will do price shopping before purchase in the future.

Once I got home I began to attach the new slide, and it did not work correctly. I then went back to North Shore to see if they would exchange it or see if they could identify if I was doing something wrong. I even brought the handgun in to show them what was going on. While he salesmen was helping me, I discreetly asked if they could price match the item since I found it at another store cheaper. he salesman address my question to the manager and all hell broke loose. They would not touch my purchase suddenly and advised that I would now have to take my issues with the manufacturer. He belittled me by insisting that price shopping is not done be people. I advised him that I would no longer shop here and he retorted that i am merely one customer that was unhappy so I he was perfectly happy to lose business to me.

You make up your mind if I was out of line. But this is my experience that happened on 3/10/09. Be advised that accolades for this company may be cumming from management or an enthusiastic employee such as the opening post. I don't know if that is the case but I want you all to understand that is a possibility. So take that as well as my post with a grain of salt.

I must say when I found this place I too was taken in by their friendliness. I have since found out after two purchases that at least one of their managers does not have a customer friendly attitude. In fact quite the opposite. The owner was not on site today, and I am sure if he were there would have been entirely different outcome. No business that relies on customers purchasing specialized items can survive with the treatment I received today. Suffice to say I will not drop any more of my money at their store unless this particular manager is no longer an employee. I hope for their sake that the dismissive condescending attitude was worth losing a customer and all the people I will be talking to face to face at the local gun clubs.

I was actually approached out side the store by a customer who overheard the exchange and we talk more about what happened and he agreed that the way I was treated was outrageous. Before leaving the parking lot I called the manufacturer of the product to let them know what happened and i ended up talking with the VP of sales that deals with all of the US dealers. He assured me he would be contacted then on my behalf and advised me to drive another 29 miles down the road to a very well established authorized dealer that has a great reputation with customers and the manufacturer I spoke with. I was actually pleased with the feedback he gave me regarding my complaint and how unhappy he appeared to hear my story.

By now you are probably wondering what happened. It really was minor and overblown n=by the store except for the way I was treated.

I purchased a .22 rimfire conversion kit and wanted some ammo to fire today. They didn't have the ammo so I went to anoer store to pick some up. The other store had the ammo, and the conversion kit I purchased. I asked what thier price was and found out that I paid 35$ more. Oh well no bid deal. My attitude was i will do price shopping before purchase in the future.

Once I got home I began to attach the new slide, and it did not work correctly. I then went back to North Shore to see if they would exchange it or see if they could identify if I was doing something wrong. I even brought the handgun in to show them what was going on. While he salesmen was helping me, I discreetly asked if they could price match the item since I found it at another store cheaper. he salesman address my question to the manager and all hell broke loose. They would not touch my purchase suddenly and advised that I would now have to take my issues with the manufacturer. He belittled me by insisting that price shopping is not done be people. I advised him that I would no longer shop here and he retorted that i am merely one customer that was unhappy so I he was perfectly happy to lose business to me.

You make up your mind if I was out of line. But this is my experience that happened on 3/10/09. Be advised that accolades for this company may be cumming from management or an enthusiastic employee such as the opening post. I don't know if that is the case but I want you all to understand that is a possibility. So take that as well as my post with a grain of salt.

Sorry to hear about your expierence there. I am a customer there (not an employee I asure you) and have had nothing but pleasant dealings there. I guess it depends on your expierence's there. If you are un-happy there, Four Seasons is awesome too in Woborn. Awesome store.

capo2186,

I appreciate your response, and I am convinced you are not an employee. I just put that out there just in case, but I read some of your other post after I posted and I am comfortable with your characterization. I will now continue shopping at four seasons. That's where I started out. I just thought that since I lived in Gloucester, North Shore was a better trip for me. North Shores web site is better. the physical layout of the store at North Shore is better, I just can not get over being belittled for having the odasity to discreetly ask them to price match a local competitor. Even worse how they abruptly refused to help me in any way with a $335.00 product they sold me minutes before. I am getting ready to buy a new handgun in April. They won't be getting my hard earned money. four seasons will.

Re: NSFA

I have to say I couldn't be anymore pleased with the customer service at NSFA. I recently purchased a S&W M&P 9mm from there. Although I'd done much research going into it, I still had a lot of questions being my first sidearm and all. They were very helpful and courteous. I'd visited FS twice before to inquire about a Walther P99 and I couldn't even get a sales person to look at me. My advice is to research pricing at multiple locations before making a purchase.

I have to say I couldn't be anymore pleased with the customer service at NSFA. I recently purchased a S&W M&P 9mm from there. Although I'd done much research going into it, I still had a lot of questions being my first sidearm and all. They were very helpful and courteous. I'd visited FS twice before to inquire about a Walther P99 and I couldn't even get a sales person to look at me. My advice is to research pricing at multiple locations before making a purchase.

Congrats on your new purchase! Have you shot it yet? I remember you looking to join a range, have you joined? Just curious.

Did you tell the owner??? I always think it is a good idea to allow a store (etc) to make things right, rather than allowing 1 bad incident to destroy a good relationship.

Thanks bro. I've put about 300 rounds through it in 2 weeks. I just got Trijicon night sights installed on it as well. Still looking at ranges but I've been going up to Bob's in Salsbury.

No, I have not been back since then. They will do just fine without my business. I have learned a valuable lesson about price shopping and after sale customer service. Sig Arms took care of me and apologized for the bad experience. So I learned a positive lesson about Sig in the process.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back