Another example why a gun beats 911

HK4U

Link Removed

Couple Holds Suspect At Gunpoint; Can't Reach 911
Reporting
Carol Cavazos
SPRINGTOWN, Texas (CBS 11 News) ―

Lavern Hockett was in bed at 1:30 a.m. when a man kicked in her door.

"It was a wonder I didn't have a stroke or a heart attack," she said.

She called 911. "When 911 didn't answer, I was so scared I couldn't think," she said.

Next, she called her daughter, Debra Turpin. She and her husband arrived with their guns drawn five minutes later.

"I said, 'You take another step, and I'm going to blow a hole right through you," said David Turpin, Debra's husband.

The man they captured was 27-year-old William Haggard.

"I got my cell phone. I called 911. I got no answer," said Debra.

Two minutes later, 911 called Debra. She told them, "Someone's broken into my mother's home. If he doesn't behave I'm going to kill him… He's drunk or crazy or doped up or something."

The following is a transcript of the 911 call:

Suspect: Well shoot me then.
Operator: You're Debra who?
Debra: My name is Debra Turpin.
Suspect: I love my family, and I love them.
Operator: Does he know where he is?

The call disconnected.

Debra and her mother tried calling 911 again, and again there was no answer.

The dispatch operator called back - again.

"I've been trying to call 911 and couldn't get nobody to answer," said Hockett.

Parker County Sheriff's Deputies came out and tested the cell phone service the next day. It took 5 to 30 seconds for the call to even go through.

"What we want the public to know is even though they dial 911, it's not that we're not there, but there may be a delay - a communication glitch - getting them to hear us or us to hear them," said Capt. Mike Morgan, Parker County Sheriff.

What's even more confusing for the Turpins is that there is a cell phone service tower right outside the door.

Morgan stresses that any Parker County resident should stay on the line until they hear a voice.

William Haggard has been charged with criminal trespass.

Only "Criminal Trespass"??? :confused: No "Breaking and entering", "Vandalism", "Destructon of property" etc? I'm sure there are many more things they can charge him with. Why stop at one charge???

gf

Get with the times, GF.

Only "Criminal Trespass"??? :confused: No "Breaking and entering", "Vandalism", "Destructon of property" etc? I'm sure there are many more things they can charge him with. Why stop at one charge???
gf

Why would we even charge this poor victim of society in the first place? I mean, it sounds like this old woman has her own home! She can obviously afford to spread the wealth around a bit. Besides, it serves her right for bringing up a gun nut daughter, who ended up marrying another gun nut. I mean, really, if being raped and/or murdered would have helped this poor, confused soul, shouldn't she have taken one for the team?!?
:no:

Why would we even charge this poor victim of society in the first place? I mean, it sounds like this old woman has her own home! She can obviously afford to spread the wealth around a bit. Besides, it serves her right for bringing up a gun nut daughter, who ended up marrying another gun nut. I mean, really, if being raped and/or murdered would have helped this poor, confused soul, shouldn't she have taken one for the team?!?
:no:

LMAO, now you sound like an Obama lover to me. :biggrin:

911 here for medical comes from a station 45 mins away. Not sure about Police but I would doubt they would be here in under 30 mins since there are 3 county's that join.

But I have my whistle ready to blow as much as I need to signal for help.:sarcastic:

I'd like to see that one sent to the antis and see what they think about that. glad they had guns to protect themselves.

This is why I choose to protect myself and family. You can't always count on getting a cop quick enough.

I am a little surprised that the tango didnt take a couple of rounds when they got there.

Civvies are not generally geared for clearing a house and not shooting anything that moves (not that shooting a tango is a bad thing), especially if they think momma is in trouble.

It is a little odd to me that they only got him with trespassing. A followup would probably find a political power play somewhere in there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back