H. 3659 Assault weapons bill

Red Hat

I don't like any bill that tries to classify firearms as assault weapons. Just because it has a different look and feel doesn't make the person using it to become evil and deranged. I'm going to contact my reps and voice my opinion about this bill. SC has done very good on the 2A without falling into this name game trap! Laws are already on the books about crimes with firearms so this bill is totally useless!

2009-2010 Bill 3659: Subject not yet available - South Carolina Legislature Online

(2) 'Assault weapon' means a firearm with any of the following characteristics:

(a) all semiautomatic action, centerfire rifles with a detachable magazine with a capacity of twenty-one or more rounds;

(b) all semiautomatic shotguns with a folding stock or a magazine capacity of more than six rounds, or both;

(c) a firearm which has been modified to be operable as an assault weapon as defined in this item; and

(d) any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, including a detachable magazine with a capacity of twenty-one or more rounds, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

what about a folding stock makes a firearm evil? What makes that mysteriously evil 21st round evil? Morons. You guys need to fight this one tooth and nail

Luckily its not a BAN Bill, just a classification Bill. There is no reason to do this since laws are already on the books to prosecute crimes with firearms. Just a closer step in case radical Lib's somehow take control of SC.

It may not be a ban bill but it would allow them to make a ban law with greater ease. My reps are going to be getting emails Monday.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back