Incredible home invasion caught on camera - Video Included

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw-0nfVC2RkA homeowner, alerted of an impending home invasion by his security cameras, arms himself and takes matters into his hands last Thursday when four armed suspects attempt to break into his home.

The video the owner caught is incredible, and you can see it by watching the video link to the left. You see a vehicle pull up, and four men run out. One of them is carrying what appears to be an AR-15 or M-16, a weapon which could be fully automatic.

The robbery happened last Thursday in broad daylight at a home on West Vande Loo Street. All the action was caught by the homeowners outdoor surveillance system.

"The victim was able to get back inside his house, close his door, semi barricade it, reach for [a] weapon that was easily accessible," says Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Earl Gieron.

The homeowner shot at the suspects. He even put a bullet through the windshield of the suspects car, which is also caught on camera. The four men retreated and took off. All of them remain on the run.

Sheriff's officials say the homeowner has surveillance cameras installed all around his house.

Dep. Gieron says, "That was just for his own security."

People living in the neighborhood heard all the gunshots, and saw the aftermath. Some stray bullets even hit a home across the street.

One man says, "I was asleep around noon Thursday, and heard gunshots."

Lawrence Cruz lives down the street from where the attempted home invasion happened.

"I am very watchful where we live and I think everybody has right to defend their property," says Cruz.

Detectives did find the suspect's vehicle at a home near Cardinal and Valencia, but the four men are still on the run.

One of the suspects has been identified as 23-year-old Jesus Mendivil. It's believed he was shot in the arm.

The three other men are all described as Hispanic males between 17 and 25-years-old.

Anyone with information is asked to call 88-CRIME

YouTube - Raw Video: Home Invasion Ends in Shootout

Chalk one up for the good guys, thank god he was armed. They were certainly not there for anything but bad. Glad it worked out for him. Always be aware.
Semper Fi

Interesting video...

First, Thanks LukeM for posting this, I was just looking for it. Rick Sanchez/CNN have been showing this video for two days. The BG getting out of the right front seat has a long gun, Best guess would be an AR. Sanchez calls it a "Machine Gun". What an #~!. I have a question, We never see the Homeowner but do see his shots ricocheting off the windshield. What Caliber was the homeowner shooting? A 9mm? If that was a 9 then I gotz to get a 45...

Gotta Love Arizona!

I saw this recently on the local news - I think it's terrific, and very heads up of the home owner!

Still can't help but wonder how these fools fixated on THIS guy's place in that neighborhood, but I love it that they picked the house with the cameras and the gun-owing home owner locked and cocked and ready to rock.

The local news said they caught one of the turds, and had ID's on at least two of the other losers. Makes me want to keep my 12 gauge on my lap at all times... so the holes in the windshield and thugs' arms are much more severe.

According to the sheriff giving a brief about it, the home owner had prior drug related problems/involvement. Based on the way they assaulted the house and the security he had, they were after something specific. I would say this was not your typical robbery

This did not go down well at all

I wonder if the homeowner will be charged with anything? The suspects were retreating but the owner still shot at them, hitting the windshield of their car, outside of the home. I could not see the suspect after he entered, retreated, back into the car, he might have been pointing his firearm at the homeowner but I just don't know. I don't remember if it was stated what state this was in but we cannot do that here in Nevada if the suspect is fleeing and is no longer a threat. And, whose rounds hit the home across the street? I fear for the homeowner's future freedom from this incident. The owner defended himself and is alive, but at what cost? I fear that the future will not fare well from this. :no:

I wonder if the homeowner will be charged with anything?
Under the new AZ castle doctrine law, probably not. He may be liable for home repairs if his rounds hit his neighbors' homes. I would have done the same thing.
The suspects were retreating but the owner still shot at them, hitting the windshield of their car, outside of the home. I could not see the suspect after he entered, retreated, back into the car, he might have been pointing his firearm at the homeowner but I just don't know. I don't remember if it was stated what state this was in but we cannot do that here in Nevada if the suspect is fleeing and is no longer a threat. And, whose rounds hit the home across the street? I fear for the homeowner's future freedom from this incident. The owner defended himself and is alive, but at what cost? I fear that the future will not fare well from this. :no:
Sure you can do that in Nevada. You don't know if the subjects are going back in their vehicle to get more firepower. There's a legal term for the video called res ipsa loquitor. He stopped after they left his premises so I think he'll be fine.

The video footage will work to his advantage in court if it comes down to that. A DA or judge would have a very difficult time trying to levy charges against the homeowner. The subjects with "assault weapons" attempting to breach his home will greatly work to his advantage. I don't see this as another Harold Fish incident as the intent is pretty clear. They decided to pick on the wrong home owner. :sarcastic:

We have had a couple of recent home invasions in Clark County where the home owner's rounds hit neighboring homes. As far as I know there have been no criminal charges levied against the home owners. I do not know if there's any civil action against the home owners for the stray rounds.

According to the sheriff giving a brief about it, the home owner had prior drug related problems/involvement. Based on the way they assaulted the house and the security he had, they were after something specific. I would say this was not your typical robbery
Possibly, but we have seen such random home invasions here in Nevada. If the homeowner has had the prior incidents you mentioned and is now clean and out of that business then I see nothing wrong in his actions.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back