Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.

Pandaz3

My wife has carried concealed before, but only while we were traveling. Today she asked me for my belly band to wear over her clothes (But under coat) and strapped on her G-42 and went shopping by herself. She came back beaming, she had shot no one, but had paid more attention to all around her. She has had her CCW for three years plus and this is the first time she carried solo on her own volition.

That is great! I have been trying to get my wife to get her permit for years now. She is not opposed to it, just doen't care one way or the other.

I pushed for a long time before she took the classes, then pushed to actually carry, I quit pushing a year or so ago. She is still talking about how easy it was to actually carry

That sounds great. I know my relatives are apathetic about carry, and shooting sports, at best.

It's always great to make a breakthrough.

My sister has expressed an interest in learning how to shoot and taking up concealed carry.

I was not pushing her. She came up with this idea on her own.

It may fall upon me to coach her. Her hubby does not own any guns and he knows applejack about shooting.

First we need to find her a sturdy purse with a large shoulder strap. She is not inclined to carry in a holster.

The purse needs a zippered compartment for the pistol. They make special purses like this. I think the ones with the compartment on top are best.

Then I'll need to teach her the safety rules. There are at least a dozen.

Then I'll teach her to draw and dry fire in front of the mirror. This will allow me to reiterate the safety rules to her.

Shooting range rules are artificial and they normally don't let you draw and shoot. You need to start out and finish benched at the range.

Finally we will start going to the indoor range.

And then she will be ready for our State's 4 hour class and submission of her CFP application to the State CID.

I am glad to see women taking up concealed carry. This is the only way to stop crimes against women.

It's the only way to stop crimes against everyone as well.

My sister has expressed an interest in learning how to shoot and taking up concealed carry.
That's good--in that order.

I was not pushing her. She came up with this idea on her own.

It may fall upon me to coach her. Her hubby does not own any guns and he knows applejack about shooting.
She should find an impartial professional instructor. There are some ranges that provide classes especially for women.

First we need to find her a sturdy purse with a large shoulder strap. She is not inclined to carry in a holster.

The purse needs a zippered compartment for the pistol. They make special purses like this. I think the ones with the compartment on top are best.

Then I'll need to teach her the safety rules. There are at least a dozen.
A purse is the last thing to worry about, if at all. Since she hasn't even learned safe handling, how to shoot, bought a gun or gotten a concealed carry permit, how do you know she won't like a holster?

Then I'll teach her to draw and dry fire in front of the mirror. This will allow me to reiterate the safety rules to her.

Shooting range rules are artificial and they normally don't let you draw and shoot. You need to start out and finish benched at the range.

Finally we will start going to the indoor range.

And then she will be ready for our State's 4 hour class and submission of her CFP application to the State CID.

I am glad to see women taking up concealed carry. This is the only way to stop crimes against women.

It's the only way to stop crimes against everyone as well.
I sure hope this post was an attempt at facetious sarcasm and not real. All I read is what you want to do, not what your sister wants or needs.

You probably mean well but don't let your ego get in the way of your sister getting optimal training.

That's good--in that order.

She should find an impartial professional instructor. There are some ranges that provide classes especially for women.

A purse is the last thing to worry about, if at all. Since she hasn't even learned safe handling, how to shoot, bought a gun or gotten a concealed carry permit, how do you know she won't like a holster?

I sure hope this post was an attempt at facetious sarcasm and not real. All I read is what you want to do, not what your sister wants or needs.

You probably mean well but don't let your ego get in the way of your sister getting optimal training.

Well she is my beloved sister so naturally I care about her.

I won't turn her over to anybody else until I have taught her my way.

She works as a nurse and she has to change into scubs a lot so a gun-designed purse would be her best bet.

She does not strike me as a holster girl, no.

My wife will be taking her concealed carry class this Saturday. She has no desire to get her permit and most likely will never carry, but since I have firearms in the house it is a good idea for my wife to get some training. I am hoping that she will enjoy shooting and then I will have a partner with whom to go to the range.

My wife will be taking her concealed carry class this Saturday. She has no desire to get her permit and most likely will never carry, but since I have firearms in the house it is a good idea for my wife to get some training. I am hoping that she will enjoy shooting and then I will have a partner with whom to go to the range.

I would not push anyone into anything they don't want to do.

My sister used to be anti gun and no guns in the house.

But crime is everywhere and murders are common in conjunction with car thefts.

Her hubby bought her a really nice SUV so now I think she is worried about being car jacked.

She has never shot a gun in her life however so she has no idea what that is like.

So with her we are talking about Square #1.

I am going to need to rent a 22 pistol for her, and a 22 revolver, and let her shoot those to start with, so that the recoil of a larger gun won't blow her away early on.

While I would never encourage anyone, I would never discourage them either. There are certain rare exceptions of course. But generally speaking, not.

Well she is my beloved sister so naturally I care about her.

I won't turn her over to anybody else until I have taught her my way.

She works as a nurse and she has to change into scubs a lot so a gun-designed purse would be her best bet.

She does not strike me as a holster girl, no.
Where is her purse (with gun) going to be while she's working?

I hope that you allow (eyes rolling) her some choice in this process.

I'm just curious why after going thru the class she wouldn't want the permit.

Where is her purse (with gun) going to be while she's working?

I hope that you allow (eyes rolling) her some choice in this process.

They get their own lockers with locks at the hospital.

One of my sister's friends at the hospital carries concealed, and this may have been what put the bug in her ear.

After I train my sister my way, and she becomes a good shot, with her pistol or revolver (handgun) of choice, she can of course do what she wants.

I know she will like the purse carry method however. She is a purse kind of girl, not a holster kind.

She will want a pink or baby blue gun -- she already mentioned this.

They get their own lockers with locks at the hospital.

One of my sister's friends at the hospital carries concealed, and this may have been what put the bug in her ear.

After I train my sister my way, and she becomes a good shot, with her pistol or revolver (handgun) of choice, she can of course do what she wants.

I know she will like the purse carry method however. She is a purse kind of girl, not a holster kind.

She will want a pink or baby blue gun -- she already mentioned this.
Your state allows guns in medical facilities?

Nothing wrong with pink--they shoot the same as black. One of my guns is Muddy Girl pink camo, and most of my shooting accessories have pink in them. :)

I'm just curious why after going thru the class she wouldn't want the permit.

She has never been around firearms at all in her life and this is an inexpensive way for her to get a basic introduction to handguns and will allow her to fire a few without having me hovering over her making her nervous. She may or may not decide that she likes shooting, but at least she will know more about what it takes to conceal carry. I carry everywhere I can and I want her to know what I am aware of and what the real time pressures of carrying are. Also, she will be more comfortable with the guns I have in the house and be more able to use one should the need arise. Since I work night shift, she is here alone 4 nights a week. My real motive is to get her to liking shooting so I can have a range partner, but that may not pan out. ;-)

She has never been around firearms at all in her life and this is an inexpensive way for her to get a basic introduction to handguns and will allow her to fire a few without having me hovering over her making her nervous. She may or may not decide that she likes shooting, but at least she will know more about what it takes to conceal carry. I carry everywhere I can and I want her to know what I am aware of and what the real time pressures of carrying are. Also, she will be more comfortable with the guns I have in the house and be more able to use one should the need arise. Since I work night shift, she is here alone 4 nights a week. My real motive is to get her to liking shooting so I can have a range partner, but that may not pan out. ;-)
Thank you.

I told my wife that I think her younger sister was hot because she packs a gun.

I'm suppose to get out of the hospital later today, if I can find a ride home... :sarcastic:

Your state allows guns in medical facilities?

Nothing wrong with pink--they shoot the same as black. One of my guns is Muddy Girl pink camo, and most of my shooting accessories have pink in them. :)

Iron and steel are not pink. Some sapphires are though.

For what is is worth, my wife just completed her concealed carry class today and she is thrilled to have taken the class. She is now agreeable to going to the range with me to try out my pistols and we are considering saving up for a .22 caliber pistol for her to take target shooting (she fell in love with the .22 she was using in class). She will be filling out her application for her permit although she may never carry. At least she will have the option to carry should she ever decide she wants to. All in all she had a blast at the class and now I may just have found that my best friend for the past 45 years may be my new range partner.

For what is is worth, my wife just completed her concealed carry class today and she is thrilled to have taken the class. She is now agreeable to going to the range with me to try out my pistols and we are considering saving up for a .22 caliber pistol for her to take target shooting (she fell in love with the .22 she was using in class). She will be filling out her application for her permit although she may never carry. At least she will have the option to carry should she ever decide she wants to. All in all she had a blast at the class and now I may just have found that my best friend for the past 45 years may be my new range partner.

Takes more than a license for a gun.

Takes extensive training, coaching, drill, and practice.

Otherwise she will just be wetting her panties during an actual confrontation.

Of course if she gets angry enough she can now likely shoot you.

That's all that you have really accomplished.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back