What states

Tojackson

I have a Indiana carry permit,can I carry in other states legally?

You could carry in Alaska, Vermont, Maine and a few others with your permit...
I know my state honors your Right to carry..... permit or not.

I have a Indiana carry permit,can I carry in other states legally?
Please follow the link below to a map referencing what States recognize your Indiana permit:

Link Removed

But remember when you are in a different State you have to follow the laws of the State you are in... not Indiana law.

From the website in the link above:

Indiana CCW Reciprocity

This map will show you what states you can carry in if you have an Indiana permit. Remember that you must abide by the laws of the state that you are in, and not the laws of the state that issued your permit. Make sure that you know and understand the laws of the state where you are carrying.

-snip-

Bold added by me for emphasis

The only state that accepts an Indiana permit is Hawaii

And would you care to provide a source for your 100% erroneous information?

States that honor Indiana permit:
AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NH, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WV, WI, WY

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/USStatesThatHonorMyPermit.pdf

Not only were you WRONG about Hawaii accepting the Indiana permit, because Hawaii does NOT, you were WRONG about HI being the ONLY state.

LOL, Hawaii does not honor any other states Permits/Licenses.

When you get your legal advice from random strangers on the internet you kinda have to take your chances.

I'm tired of doing other people's research for them.

The only state that accepts an Indiana permit is Hawaii

Not only were you WRONG about Hawaii accepting the Indiana permit, because Hawaii does NOT, you were WRONG about HI being the ONLY state.

Meh, I'll get over it.

Wall%20Quotes%20-%20Abraham%20Lincoln%20-%20It%20is%20better%20to%20remain%20silent%20and%20be%20thought%20a%20fool%20than%20to%20open%20one's%20mouth%20and%20remove%20all%20doubt.jpg

Thank you, sir, for removing all doubts.

Why nobody mentions the USA Carry reciprocity map? To my knowledge, it is the best there is.

And it can be found at the top of the page where the question was first asked. I would much rather trust a resource such as this site provides than ask random strangers that hangout here.

From a realistic perspective there is no such thing as reciprocity for concealed carry in the USA. Thanks to Joe Biden and George H.W. Bush The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) prohibits carrying within 1000 feet of a K-12 school. (Federal law) Where in what city can you be > 1000 feet from a school? There is an exception for permit holders for the state that the permit was issued in. If you are not in the state that your permit was issued in, you are not exempt. Period! Even retired LEOs carrying under LEOSA are not exempt. If you happen to be in Smalltown, USA maybe you can steer clear, but generally it's risky business.

From a realistic perspective there is no such thing as reciprocity for concealed carry in the USA. Thanks to Joe Biden and George H.W. Bush The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) prohibits carrying within 1000 feet of a K-12 school. (Federal law) Where in what city can you be > 1000 feet from a school? There is an exception for permit holders for the state that the permit was issued in. If you are not in the state that your permit was issued in, you are not exempt. Period! Even retired LEOs carrying under LEOSA are not exempt. If you happen to be in Smalltown, USA maybe you can steer clear, but generally it's risky business.

Yep, that is absolutely true! And there are those people that love to tell LEO about their concealed pistol licenses and guns when they get the chance to, when state law does not require it. So imagine this - you get stopped for 26mph in a 20mph school zone and you are carrying based upon your out-of-state CPL and reciprocity. You proudly show the officer your out-of-state CPL with your drivers license - probably hoping to prove you a good guy and get out of a ticket - and tell Officer Friendly you have a handgun in a holster on your waistband and ask him/her how they would like to proceed. You have just admitted to violating Federal law.

I think we really need to let people know about this. I know most rely on the reciprocity maps found all over the internet. We even have legislators trying to pass a federal reciprocity law. If they don't repeal this one first a lot of people are in big trouble.

I think we really need to let people know about this. I know most rely on the reciprocity maps found all over the internet. We even have legislators trying to pass a federal reciprocity law. If they don't repeal this one first a lot of people are in big trouble.

Here's the deal with our current Federal government "of the people, by the people and for the people": If you haven't violated some Federal law or regulation in your lifetime that would make you a felon if convicted... you should be truly ashamed of yourself.

Here's the deal with our current Federal government "of the people, by the people and for the people": If you haven't violated some Federal law or regulation in your lifetime that would make you a felon if convicted... you should be truly ashamed of yourself.

"Trump Vowed to Eliminate Gun-Free Zones on His First Day. It’s Not Nearly That Easy." (quote from "The Trace")
He can do some things to soften it in the interim though, We can only hope.

"Trump Vowed to Eliminate Gun-Free Zones on His First Day. It’s Not Nearly That Easy." (quote from "The Trace")
He can do some things to soften it in the interim though, We can only hope.

The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is a law and requires an act of Congress to repeal it. Knowing how Congress works, that takes more than a day to accomplish. It is quite possible that this could be attached to a National Reciprocity law, which I have personal reservations against (again, knowing how Congress works). A President Trump and the NRA can push Congress quite a bit to accomplish that in 2017.

I wouldn't use The Trace as a source for anything, by the way. The Trace is a notorious anti-gun propaganda machine. I am assuming you are referring to this drivel: Trump Vowed to Eliminate Gun-Free Zones on His First Day. It’s Not Nearly That Easy. As usual, The Trace is wrong in so many ways. For example, there is Link Removed, which was published on the same day The Trace published their drivel arguing that Trump "would likely face staunch opposition from other senior military officials" when he tries "to reverse rules governing guns on military bases". Trump isn't in office yet, and the DOD is already changing course.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back