Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

Update on CCW 1st time renewal. Letter came in the mail today approved for 3 more years. I provided a load of documentation and certification..... it came in 57 days!

You got a Maryland CC permit? Wow!!!!! I never met a Maryland CC permit holder except a retired cop I know. Congrats!

Good read. I have a friend that was a MD state cop. He retired and moved to VA. I sent him a email article once, about concealed carry, thinking he had a retired LEO permit to carry himself. I received an email back saying not to send him emails about guns, because he didn't have any and didn't think anybody should be allowed to carry or own guns. I like to fell over in surprise. We are still friends and email back and forth, but I must say, I will never look at him the same again. Lots of respect lost that day.

I'll be honest, I an not a firearms expert but I am a Maryland resident and it truly infuriates me that my state ignores our right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?

I've actually been thinking of applying for a non-resident permit somewhere, mostly out of protest of Maryland's policy. Can anyone recommend a state for this?

Thanks,

Will

Why, it won't be recognized in MD.

I'll be honest, I an not a firearms expert but I am a Maryland resident and it truly infuriates me that my state ignores our right guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?

I've actually been thinking of applying for a non-resident permit somewhere, mostly out of protest of Maryland's policy. Can anyone recommend a state for this?

Thanks,

Will

Why, it won't be recognized in MD.

Why are you responding to an 8 year old post?

Because I wanted to, why do you trolling?

I am certainly not trolling as I am responding appropriately to your post. Responding to an 8 year old post is rather odd. In 8 years, a lot of things change, including applicable laws.

In this case, this seems to be bearthehair's only post that he did on the day he joined. He hasn't followed this forum since June 8, 2008. Your post doesn't make sense as bearthehair's statement relates to Maryland carry laws in 2008 and not 2016. What is the relevance of your post here?

In any case, feel free to respond to old posts. Just don't be surprised when someone calls you out when your post doesn't make sense. If you feel that I am trolling you, please go ahead and report me to the moderator.

PS: "why do you trolling" ain't proper English.

I am certainly not trolling as I am responding appropriately to your post. Responding to an 8 year old post is rather odd. In 8 years, a lot of things change, including applicable laws.

Does MD honor any other states permit today?

Maryland does not accept any other states permits period. You would be easier to move to Delaware and apply there. Besides, we also have no sales tax either. I was born and raised in MD. and came to DE. with the military and have stayed here for 50 years. Seldom go back to MD which is only 60 miles from where I live, to where I grew up. I may go there for a funeral once in a while, but it has to be someone I really like to get me there, and then I'm back to DE. asap.

You seem to be able not to follow:

So you think that bearthehair will read your post?

It was just an example of how silly some people can be..... "I'll get a worthless permit in MD and show them", closely followed by your obsession about about someone responding to an old post.

It was just an example of how silly some people can be..... "I'll get a worthless permit in MD and show them", closely followed by your obsession about about someone responding to an old post.

Your post was simply not needed. I just pointed that out. Attacking bearthehair is certainly "classy", since he hasn't followed this forum since June 8, 2008.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back