Interesting irony in article

NavyLCDR

I took a peek at this article by the esteemed founding father of USA Carry, Luke McCoy:

Why Carrying Concealed Is Great - USA Carry

The element of surprise.

Because no one knows you’re carrying, if you do need to use your handgun for self-defense, you will probably have the element of surprise. When criminals are targeting people, they’re generally looking to avoid actual violent confrontation because that means the potential for injury and needing to seek medical attention. If they’re so bold as to move against you, your family, or your property, they will be in for a severe surprise because you’re carrying a concealed handgun.

Does anybody else see a little bit of flawed logic there, or is it just me? If criminals are looking to avoid actual violent confrontation, which I agree with, then it would stand to reason that concealed carry might be great... but open carry would be better. It seems like the criminal would avoid the actual violent confrontation by just leaving the guy with the visible gun alone.

I took a peek at this article by the esteemed founding father of USA Carry, Luke McCoy:

Does anybody else see a little bit of flawed logic there, or is it just me? If criminals are looking to avoid actual violent confrontation, which I agree with, then it would stand to reason that concealed carry might be great... but open carry would be better. It seems like the criminal would avoid the actual violent confrontation by just leaving the guy with the visible gun alone.

Uh-oh.

Oh Vay, not another OC/CC pissing contest.

Would you care to offer an actual explanation of the dichotomy presented by the quote in the OP instead of just a wasted bandwidth post? And if you don't want to discuss the topic of this subforum which is OPEN CARRY DISCUSSION, then maybe you might be more interested in hanging out in one of the other subforums.

Some people think a hidden gun that the criminal can't see will magically project an aura of safety around them and protect them from the criminal who is looking for victims who look like easy unarmed prey.

Such is the logic? of those who would convince themselves a hidden gun has some magical "element of surprise" power to repel criminals.

Isn't deterrence the same reason we put "Protected by XXXX Security System" signs in our front yards? We hope that the burglar will skip our house with the visible sign for another house without a sign. They both might have the same security system installed but the burglar will more likely avoid the one with the sign in the "open".

Would you care to offer an actual explanation of the dichotomy presented by the quote in the OP instead of just a wasted bandwidth post? And if you don't want to discuss the topic of this subforum which is OPEN CARRY DISCUSSION, then maybe you might be more interested in hanging out in one of the other subforums.

OC/CC, caliber wars, and semi vs. revolver wars will always be present on gun forums, and never resolved.

I completely agree.

"The element of surprise" is a counter attack, which is offensive, and being offensive is an illegitimate use of lethal force. The only valid reason to carry concealed is to keep from being completely disarmed while entering posted private property or federal land like a post office.

The only honest way to carry a gun is to carry openly.

Some people think a hidden gun that the criminal can't see will magically project an aura of safety around them and protect them from the criminal who is looking for victims who look like easy unarmed prey.

Such is the logic? of those who would convince themselves a hidden gun has some magical "element of surprise" power to repel criminals.
/Agree

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back