Which one ?

Hawaiian Shooter

Aloha Folks,
New to this site, I got my CCW here in Los Wages(Las Vegas) just wondering what IWB holster to use for my XD40 4".
Thanks in advance for any input you folks may have.

Welcome to the site, HI Shooter!

I have the same gun, and am currently waiting on my CWP to arrive. In the meantime, I've been shopping for IWB holsters too. I've narrowed it down to 3:

Don Hume IWB H715m w.c. - $30
Galco Summer Comfort - $55
Galco stow-n-go - $25

The clip on the Stow-n-go is plastic and prone to break soon. The Summer Comfort has leather straps with snaps rather than a belt clip, and the Don Hume has a metal clip. I believe the DH will be my choice, strong side, 3:00 position. But it's not right for everybody. I suggest you go try some on before committing, although, under $30 is not a waste.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

+1 Crossbreed

Another vote for the crossbreed supertuck. I am wearing mine comfortably with my PT145 as I type this.:wub:

First, you find a fair sized box, say 12"x14". Then you buy the "perfect holster". After about 2 weeks, you find that there are better holsters out there, and buy one - and place the first holster in the afore mentioned box. A while later, you are told by your best bud that you have the wrong holster, you need an XYZ - guaranteed the best. Holster #2 goes into the box. Then, but you know what "then" leads to, don't you. We all have a box full, if you stay at it a while. Have fun figuring it all out, and be aware, always, of the responsibility you have taken on. Good for you to take that step.
sailor

First, you find a fair sized box, say 12"x14". Then you buy the "perfect holster". After about 2 weeks, you find that there are better holsters out there, and buy one - and place the first holster in the afore mentioned box. A while later, you are told by your best bud that you have the wrong holster, you need an XYZ - guaranteed the best. Holster #2 goes into the box. Then, but you know what "then" leads to, don't you. We all have a box full, if you stay at it a while. Have fun figuring it all out, and be aware, always, of the responsibility you have taken on. Good for you to take that step.
sailor

Or, he can save himself the trouble and put the pistol in a box addressed to me at my favorite gun shop... :tongue:

I was wearing a Galco for awhile, then after getting it repaired twice, I chose to look elsewhere.
These people make great holsters at very good prices. Their work is excellent, and they use top quality leather. They have really nice gator print holsters, but I just went with straight black. When I need another holster I'm deffinetly going through them again.

Link Removed

I can vouch for the Galco Summer Comfort.

I'm also wanting to try the Supertuck because I've read so many great reviews on them.

I've used Blade-Tech and Fobus IWB holsters and found them to work well with my Glock. The Supertuck looks promising and I want to try it.

I wear a Galco King Tuc iwb with a full size 1911 or my comander size 1911, it works great. I recomend getting a good gun belt for what ever holster you end up with.

I wear a Galco King Tuc iwb with a full size 1911 or my comander size 1911, it works great. I recomend getting a good gun belt for what ever holster you end up with.

Well, I think you hit the Jurassic Thread record - Just shy of five years since the last post in this thread!

I hope the OP found what he was lookin' for before now!

No biggie, Pop, just foolin' with ya. It's just funny when these really old threads kinda spontaneously resurrect themselves. Good advice in any case! :biggrin:

Blues

I think it's a third but the crossbreed supertuck is amazing! There are cheaper and easily accessible options like the galco kingtuk etc but a lifetime warranty alone is worth it. I carry XD sc 9mm. To each his own but for me 6'1 220 the combination kydex and leather have me the most comfortable and concealed fit. I went through a blackhawk iwb and de santis iwb before ending with crossbreed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Check out Alien gear holsters. Lifetime warranty and low price. good combination. A pricier alternative is the Raven phantom series. Both are excellent. Check the reviews. The crossbreed supertuck has lots of fans in here as well. None of these is a loser.

2nd for Alien

Check out Alien gear holsters. Lifetime warranty and low price. good combination. A pricier alternative is the Raven phantom series. Both are excellent. Check the reviews. The crossbreed supertuck has lots of fans in here as well. None of these is a loser.

Second the Alien holster. I just got one for my Ruger SR9C. Less expensive than Crossbreed, and really comfortable. I've only had it for a few weeks, but it seems well made. They even sent me a bag of extra screws if needed. The spring steel clips are crazy strong! Once I figured out the proper way to 'tuck' with this holster, it's gotten easier and it definitely seems concealed to me. My problem with Crossbreed was their stupid emblem stamped into the outside of belt clip. Same issue with Sneaky Pete holsters and the 'SP' stamped on the outside. I want to be as low-profile as I can, not a billboard.

As another poster said, buy a box to hold your previous holsters. I think I have 4 or 5 now... :)

One last note: I really do like to be very low-profile when I carry. As such, I wish Alien, like Crossbreed, would offer both J-hook clips and velcro clips for their holsters. I may get a second set of clips and put my own velcro on, then velcro on inside of belt. That way, clips are covered by belt, but still attached for stability.

WingRider

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back