Time to buy another gun!

sdf2000

I think it is time to buy another carry gun. I have a Bersa Thunder 380. I love its size! And there is the problem. Everything I look at look to big or way to small. I would not want to go any smaller both in size or caliber.
I have been looking at a Glock 17. It isnt for any more reason then they are very poplar and I hear a lot of talk about them.
Help me out what should I look at??:confused:

Why not

another Bersa?

I imagine by now you're pretty satisfied with your .380, and it's reliablity...

Bersa makes some fine pistols in their UC series compact big bores....45 and 40SW, and also a 9m, which is a many-times-over proven good SD round.

I've seen one of the .380's up close, and it's not that much smaller in stature than my T45UC... All of the UC's have the full ambi controls, and same factory lifetime warranty as your .380.

flc

MMM No I am thinking a little bigger!! Not much, but just a little.;) I still want it to be concealable. :cool:

I got my first tupperware gun for CC, a S&W M&P .40c. The slide is thick but not too bad. The gun as a whole feels like the compact that it is. I love the ergonomics of the grip. That's what swayed me away from the Glocks, the feel of the grip. The Smith fits my hand much better. The mags for the M&P's are expensive though. I paid $36 for the compact 10 rounders.

My wife has a Bersa .380, we both love the little bugger. I sure is easier to carry IWB than the Smith but I like self defense rounds that start with a 4.

Shabo

I got my first tupperware gun for CC, a S&W M&P .40c. The slide is thick but not too bad. The gun as a whole feels like the compact that it is. I love the ergonomics of the grip. That's what swayed me away from the Glocks, the feel of the grip. The Smith fits my hand much better. The mags for the M&P's are expensive though. I paid $36 for the compact 10 rounders.

My wife has a Bersa .380, we both love the little bugger. I sure is easier to carry IWB than the Smith but I like self defense rounds that start with a 4.

Shabo

I must ask this!! :eek: What is a tupperware gun?

I must ask this!! :eek: What is a tupperware gun?

A term used to desribe polymer (plastic) construction.

My Bersa has a 'tupperware' frame. I was am still am a little suspicious of it's overall strength compared to steel, but admit it sure makes the pistol a joy to carry for long hours. I won't however, 'overshoot' one that uses polymer...I can't help but believe that many rounds fired, especially in .45acp or something comparable, will cause an eventual breakdown, or at minimum cracks in the frame due to the rather substancial recoil factor.

Mine was tried and tested, and is now strictly a carry piece...if I wanted a pistol to just shoot paper targets with, I would use a steel frame, and a longer barrel.

flc

I'm not sure what your price-range is, but I'd suggest looking at S&W 3913s, Sig P239s and 229s, Kahr T9 and P9, Kel-Tec P11, S&W M&P-9 Compact, CZ-75 Compact and 2075 Rami, Springfield XD Sub-Compact and Glock 19s, 23s, 26s and 27s... I'm sure there's more.

Are you looking for any particular features?

I'm not sure what your price-range is, but I'd suggest looking at S&W 3913s, Sig P239s and 229s, Kahr T9 and P9, Kel-Tec P11, S&W M&P-9 Compact, CZ-75 Compact and 2075 Rami, Springfield XD Sub-Compact and Glock 19s, 23s, 26s and 27s... I'm sure there's more.

Are you looking for any particular features?

I like to size of my Bersa & I like to range ammo cost. I I am not sure which way to go. If it will be anything like the Bersa as soon as I hold it I will know!

Jc40

I like to size of my Bersa & I like to range ammo cost. I I am not sure which way to go. If it will be anything like the Bersa as soon as I hold it I will know!
If you like your bersa that much,you should really check out the UC versions like flcracker suggested.I have a mini firestorn 40 cal and it is an awesome gun.It`s not much different in size than your 380 and it is very concealable.Do yourself the favor and check them out along with others and go from there.It never hurts to look.Good luck in your quest.:)

I am going to the show in Lakeland in two weeks so I will be looking up all of your ideas! What I do is get online and look up prices and get an idea of cost and then when I am at a show I have a chance!!!:D

I am going to the show in Lakeland in two weeks so I will be looking up all of your ideas! What I do is get online and look up prices and get an idea of cost and then when I am at a show I have a chance!!!:D
That`s half the battle.Educating yourself.Hope you find what your looking for.Happy Hunting.:)

I am still having a battle with myself over Cost/want! A lot of what I would like to have is way out of my buy range right now. That is why I got the Thunder 380! Because it was a nice gun for the price...

I am still looking! BUT how about a Ruger SR9? I held one today and it felt wonderfull!!!!!! Has anyone got any input on it?

BTW. What is a striker fired????:eek:

Just bought a Walther p99 AS in 9mm for a CC gun. Got tired of my kimber 45 due to size and weight of the 45. It is only about 20oz and they also make one in 40 cal. It shoots like a full size but carries like a compact. Its also very slender making it very concealable and comfortable. Just a thought. Also the Glock 19 is a good CCW as well.

Just got a used g19 for plinking 9mm cheaper. Great gun old import serial # night sights. Won't set me back to much if taken away.

Kel-Tec service seems pretty good to me.

I sent my PF-9 back to Kel-Tec and it took them about 5 weeks to send me another pistol with the same serial number. They told me it would take 5 weeks when I called them. I consider that pretty good service; they also reimbursed shipping.

Taurus also has a lifetime warranty. Unfortunately I found this means it will take a lifetime for them to honor a warranty. :(

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back