Yes, I bring a knife to a gun fight...

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
I got into the habit of carrying a knife when I was active duty. We were issued Benchmade switchblades for the Global War On Terror (GWOT). As long as we were in uniform and active duty it was legal.

Now that I'm retired from the military, I carry a Blackie Collins folder (tanto type blade) to keep from running afoul of the law with some areas having the most inane knife laws around.

For a fixed blade I'll take my Benchmade NImravus every single time. It is tough and capable.

A knife is not my backup weapon as much as it is an extension of my ability to get out of a tight jam. (you never know when a commie apple is just begging for a lesson in how capitalism can and will eat it alive)

If you carry a good knife, you will use it every day. (besides, you can't peel an apple with a HK USP45!)

Last edited:
Very good. I carry several knives and a club besides my pistol(s).

On that note there was a couple of articles in the Jan. SWAT magazine that might be of interest. One was evaluating a few fixed blade "neck" knives. The other was on training and practice with a knife, kind of akin to dry fire practice with a handgun.

In addition to a basic Leatherman, I carry an Emerson Super Karambit folder, which is awesome for handgun retention and either a Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Folder or a Camillus Heat folder.

If I'm going to a state with unreasonable blade length laws, I carry the Camillus Blaze, which is the shorter version of the Heat.

rrc1962;
yes a leather man tool does count ,,i have a leatherman super tool I've had for years and a buck knife and i always carry them with me. does a tire thump' er count ,it's about 18 inches long and i still check my tires with it,,old habits are sure hard to break, when you've driven truck for over 25 years,,it's my happy club, don't ever know when you might need it .
and i still carry my side arm,, makes me feel good to know that i can do all that

What do you mean a Club? Like a ASP baton?

Like 34 inches of 1.75" diameter Crepe Myrtle with a fist-sized knob for a handle. I have problems with cramps in my right foot and lower calf, so I walk with a cane even though I can get by without it most of the time. Getting a leg-twisting cramp out in the middle of a parking lot means falling down if I don't have it.

Like 34 inches of 1.75" diameter Crepe Myrtle with a fist-sized knob for a handle. I have problems with cramps in my right foot and lower calf, so I walk with a cane even though I can get by without it most of the time. Getting a leg-twisting cramp out in the middle of a parking lot means falling down if I don't have it.

Wolfhunter, have you seen these? Designer Walking Canes and Designer Walking Sticks by Boris Palatnik Some great walking sticks/canes with that special something. Enjoy

I used to carry a spyderco citadel auto but when I get my cwp gonna have to go with a manual. maybe ka bar mule or a ZT stider. I have more knives than people have grass on their lawn.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back