Workout of the day 2009

boris

OK, this is for 2 or 3 reasons
1. post what you actually did. describe the workout
2. inspiration and ideas for P.T.
3 ACCOUNTABILITY- taking the day off like a regular rest day or are you just sitting on yer butt because you were feeling lazy?

remember: somebody somewhere is training to kill you. what are YOU doing?

busy day, but i did something

stretching and deck of cards workout except i started with only 10 cards.
see ya tomorrow.

My daily workout is going to work seven days a week. I work full time as a security officer and part time as a bouncer. Since I have to spend a great portion of the day outside, trudging through the snow all day keeps me in shape in the winter, while walking around with the full complement of duty gear and a bulletproof vest during the dog days of summer keeps me in shape in the summer.

ok,

been stretching and deck of cards. tatt, i used to wear that stuff. make time for a little p.t. and h2h and weapons work. it just migh be the difference one day in whether you go home at the end o your watch.

I've been pretty sporadic lately, but here's how it usually goes.

10 minutes in the steam room to loosen up and get my body warm after being in the cold
30 minutes on the eliptical machine at approximately a 160 "step per minute" pace
After about 30 minutes of stretching, I do about 150 crunches/situps/leg lifts
Then, I head to the weights (alternating days of upper & lower body)

Upper Body:
3 sets of 15, 12, then 10 reps of relatively low weight for shoulder press, bench press, curls, triceps, & shoulder shrugs

Lower Body:
3 sets of varying reps for leg extensions, leg curls, squats, and calf extensions

Then, I head back for another 10 minutes in the steam room.

I think tomorrow, I'm going to swim instead of the 30 minutes on the elliptical. If that works out, I'll likely alternate days.

I'm doing low weights/high reps because I've gotten quite soft & squishy. I need to burn some fat & redefine muscle before I get into "beefcake" mode.

My daily workout is going to work seven days a week. I work full time as a security officer and part time as a bouncer. Since I have to spend a great portion of the day outside, trudging through the snow all day keeps me in shape in the winter, while walking around with the full complement of duty gear and a bulletproof vest during the dog days of summer keeps me in shape in the summer.

Are you a security officer at a nuke plant, or something?

I've been pretty sporadic lately, but here's how it usually goes.

10 minutes in the steam room to loosen up and get my body warm after being in the cold
30 minutes on the eliptical machine at approximately a 160 "step per minute" pace
After about 30 minutes of stretching, I do about 150 crunches/situps/leg lifts
Then, I head to the weights (alternating days of upper & lower body)

Upper Body:
3 sets of 15, 12, then 10 reps of relatively low weight for shoulder press, bench press, curls, triceps, & shoulder shrugs

Lower Body:
3 sets of varying reps for leg extensions, leg curls, squats, and calf extensions

Then, I head back for another 10 minutes in the steam room.

I think tomorrow, I'm going to swim instead of the 30 minutes on the elliptical. If that works out, I'll likely alternate days.

I'm doing low weights/high reps because I've gotten quite soft & squishy. I need to burn some fat & redefine muscle before I get into "beefcake" mode.

Sounds like a pretty well rounded workout.

Well rounded....LIKE ME!

I'm still not 100% reliable with it. Before Christmas, I was pretty good about going every day. Now, I'm lucky if it's 3x's a week. I can tell that I've trimmed down, but I haven't lost any weight yet. I suspect it's a tradeoff between muscle and fat. One of these days I'll drop below 190. I have yet to cross the 200 threshold, though. Ideally, I'd like to hit & stay around 175 or so.

Well rounded....LIKE ME!

I'm still not 100% reliable with it. Before Christmas, I was pretty good about going every day. Now, I'm lucky if it's 3x's a week. I can tell that I've trimmed down, but I haven't lost any weight yet. I suspect it's a tradeoff between muscle and fat. One of these days I'll drop below 190. I have yet to cross the 200 threshold, though. Ideally, I'd like to hit & stay around 175 or so.

I am trying to get back to a regular workout. For many years I lifted 3 times a week and ran on average 5 days a week 6 miles each day. The last couple of years I have gotten pretty lax. Now at the age of 59 I am finding it a lot harder to get the motivatiion to get off my duff and do something. I am going to try a little harder. Think I will go to the health club tonight.

I'll get back to you on this one once the Rugrats have all grown up and left the house with time for me to hit the gym!
Nahhh, the Rugrats keep me going even though I need a bottle of oxygen when I'm through with them OR them with me!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back