Height on drivers license

sageriverstung

Been Lurking for a while but i came up with a question that made me join up. I'm in PA and going for my permit in a couple weeks. My drivers license currently shows me being 3 inches shorter then my actual height. When I fill out my permit application I plan on listing my current height, which will contradict my drivers license. Is this something that is going to pop up and be reason for not being issued a permit? Can I use another form of ID that states the correct height?

Welcome to the forum.

How did you manage to get a -3 inches in height on your drivers license in the first place? In any case, you do understand that this can be corrected, right? Depending on your state, correcting a clerical error on a drivers license and reprinting it may take you 10 minutes and $10.

Edit: I think this would suffice.

Welcome to the forum.

How did you manage to get a -3 inches in height on your drivers license in the first place? In any case, you do understand that this can be corrected, right? Depending on your state, correcting a clerical error on a drivers license and reprinting it may take you 10 minutes and $10.

Edit: I think this would suffice.

Id assume the clerk was using the number keyboard and hit a key above or below the intended number...which would be off by three

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

As a person ages, so does their height and weight. Most states have no problems with that.

As we grow older, we lose some height, but gain an awful lot of width. If we could grow and stretch out the width, I'd be seven feet tall.

It's not that you're overweight, just that you're undertall.

Or on the other hand, it's not that I drink too much, it's that I don't weigh enough.

I'm built for comfort, not for speed!

Dennis in Idaho

"You'll always remember the Ride! The destination is great, don't get me wrong, but you'll ALWAYS Remember the Ride!"

I'm only 41 but I've shrunk almost an inch compared to what my driver's license lists. I use what my DL says on any forms I fill out, but 3" is a bit.

As we grow older, we lose some height, but gain an awful lot of width. If we could grow and stretch out the width, I'd be seven feet tall.

If what you're saying would be true, I'd be calling you "shorty".

As far as the 3" thing, I'd use my correct height on the carry permit, and if they say anything about the difference, I'd say I'm correcting it when I renew the DL. My nephew grew a little over 3" in one year, so I don't think it's a big deal or a show stopper.

I had a "discrepency" issue a few years back. When getting my paperwork to fly into the close-in DC airports (I was based at VKX on 9/11) they noted that my different IDs had differing hair color (some said black, some brown...my hair is very dark...well what is not gray. in the summer it lightens to brown but usually it's pretty close to black).

They didn't care what color I said I had as long as all my ID had the same. I got a new pilot certificate to match (as it was easier than the others).

Howdy sageriver,

Been Lurking for a while but i came up with a question that made me join up. I'm in PA and going for my permit in a couple weeks. My drivers license currently shows me being 3 inches shorter then my actual height. When I fill out my permit application I plan on listing my current height, which will contradict my drivers license. Is this something that is going to pop up and be reason for not being issued a permit? Can I use another form of ID that states the correct height?

Just out of curiousity........

Does your DL list your actual height and you only think you are 3" taller than what you actually are in real life?

Here's an example:

I'm 6' 1" tall aka 73". I'm not 5' 9" and only think I'm 6' 1", I'm actually about 73 1/4" tall ( was 73 3/4" when I was younger.) and I was standing around with a bunch of my co-workers and one of them mentioned that he was 6' tall and a couple more of them stated the same thing.

Me, I look at them and say "BS! I'm only 5' 10" tall ( I fibbed a little ) and I'm looking down at the tops of y'all's heads and my eyeballs are 2" from the top of my head."

One of them spouted off "Well, that's what my DL has on it!" and another guy said "That's what my doctor told me."

Me, pointing at the first guy "You need to get your DL corrected " and pointing at the second guy "You need to bitxhslap your doc and find a new one.".

A couple of hours later one of the guys who didn't say anything asked me if I was only 5' 10" and I said "No, I'm 6' 1". he said "I though so because your about 4" taller than me, I'm 5' 9" and I was beginning to think I had shrunk."

Paul

Contact the DMV and have them correct the faulty information. 'King of the Hill' once had an episode where Hank was listed on his licensed as a female. Hilarious.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back