My second buck

W

wolfhunter

Today I went out for a morning deer hunt. Sunrise was at 6:57, so I was in my stand and ready at 6. At about 7, a "parade" of 12 does entered the clearing from uphill, headed towards a nearby creek. Beautiful sight, but nothing to shoot at.
At 8, another doe walked out from the same area as the others. But she was followed by the biggest buck we've seen on this property in years. The doe started back into the wooded patch she'd been in. I was afraid of losing this buck, so I took a less than optimal shot with the buck facing me. He tipped the scale at 180, and his 7 point rack is 4 inches around at each base.

Nicely Done!

Very Nicely Done... A good Venison Steak, Eggs, Potatoes and Coffee is hard to beat!

Feb Field & Stream

Wolfhunter...
My Feb 2k9, Field & Stream is in and there is a what looks to be a good Blackened Venison Steak Recipe. Check it out...

Last edited:
I guess that means we should be calling you DEERhunter now, doesn't it?

What kind of gun did you use to take down this deer?

The deer was taken at 87 yards with a Remington 700 in 7mm RemMag with a 154 grain bullet.

Really cool thing was, the bullet entered at the front of chest, but didn't pierce the skin to exit. Apparently, it hit a rib and slid between meat and skin down to the hind leg, where it was recovered during the butchering.

worthless-thread.gif

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back