Ohio reaches concealed-carry reciprocity with 5 states

rt48

Ohioans with concealed-carry permits now can legally carry their handguns in five more states.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced today that Ohio has reached concealed-carry reciprocity agreements with Colorado, Georgia, New Hampshire, Texas and Wisconsin. Ohio already had concealed-carry reciprocity with 23 other states.

Ohio reaches concealed-carry reciprocity with 5 states | The Columbus Dispatch

As a Georgia resident, with friends in Ohio, this is great news! I'll visit more now.

As of March 23, Ohio accepts all states' permits for non-Ohio residents.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/109.69

109.69 Reciprocity agreement.

(B)
(3) If, on or after the effective date of this amendment, a person who is not a resident of this state has a valid concealed handgun license that was issued by another license-issuing state, regardless of whether the other license-issuing state has entered into a reciprocity agreement with the attorney general under division (A)(1) of this section, and the person is temporarily in this state, during the time that the person is temporarily in this state the license issued by the other license-issuing state shall be recognized in this state, shall be accepted and valid in this state, and grants the person the same right to carry a concealed handgun in this state as a person who was issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code.

I'll be passing through Ohio net week. I have 2 C/C permits, P. and DE. I'm good to go.

I was an OTR truck driver for yrs, and I had several times where for one reason or another needed to tell/inform an officer (many different states) that I had a permit/lisc, and was armed, and not ONCE did they ask to see the permit or what state it was from... SO.... I dont worry much about reciprocity. Nice that my home state OH did this though....

Passed through Oho on my way and from Wisconsin. Carried Concealed with DE. & PA. permits in all states except MD. & IL. Those states suck. Dot spent any money in those states. Made sure I didn't even stop for gas or food there. Screw them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back