AR Law: Rumor??

DrLewall

Charter Member
In a previous thread, I asked for some links to AR CHL law..got some info and read thru it..was talking to a guy yesterday in SPD and he said, and I think he believes this, that a friend of his has a CHL and says that the laws says that if you have a CHL then your gun must be with you at all times...I have not seen this in print anywhere and never heard this before until yesterday..I think it is BS..am pretty sure it is..has anyone else heard this?

Not ever heard of this in any state. ....and agree with you that it is B.S. Does that mean if you have a drivers license you can't walk anywhere? Now...if you flip that...almost all, if not all, states require you to have your permit/license with you (if their state issues one) if you have your weapon.

Last edited:
That's easy. The law says no such thing.

Maybe he mistakenly meant to say that if you carry a gun, the CHL must be with you at all times. That's true.

Last edited:
That's easy. The law says no such thing.

Maybe he mistakenly meant to say that if you carry a gun, the CHL must be with you at all times. That's true.

I HIGHLY suspect thats what he was meaning...and anyone who has a permit knows that he must have it on him/her while carry'n!

Yes, you must keep your CHL & picture ID on you when you carry.
No gun, no CHL is required, the picture ID might still be a good idea though;)

Highly suspect

The law says that the carrier must have the license when carrying, but, does not in any way require that the gun be carried at all times. After all, how would one enter a restricted area if the license required him/her to possess the gun at all times.:D

The law says that the carrier must have the license when carrying, but, does not in any way require that the gun be carried at all times. After all, how would one enter a restricted area if the license required him/her to possess the gun at all times.:D
LOL. Good point. I'm in the spa city too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back