Virginia Non-Res CCW Permit wait time?

Templar

I'm a square
Hello All,

I sent out my Virginia CCW Non-Res Permit pack on 12/8. About a week later ( or less ) I received a receipt for my check to the Virginia State Police. Since then I have heard nothing. The class I was in was told VA was about a 2 week wait for permits. This is obviously not the case. Is there anyone here in the know that is familiar with the current wait time for VA Non-Res permits?

Thanks in advance, stay safe everyone!

Templar

Hello All,

I sent out my Virginia CCW Non-Res Permit pack on 12/8. About a week later ( or less ) I received a receipt for my check to the Virginia State Police. Since then I have heard nothing. The class I was in was told VA was about a 2 week wait for permits. This is obviously not the case. Is there anyone here in the know that is familiar with the current wait time for VA Non-Res permits?

Thanks in advance, stay safe everyone!

Templar

My understanding is it's less than six weeks from when they get your check

Thanks for the info! I've been waiting about 4 weeks, hopefully within 2 weeks I'll be able to report some good news.

Thanks Again, take care.

Thanks for the info! I've been waiting about 4 weeks, hopefully within 2 weeks I'll be able to report some good news.

Thanks Again, take care.

if you don't get it in that time, you have the right to call the VSP IIRC

Virginia Non-Res CCW Permit Wait Time??

I received acknowledgement of money order receipt yesterday 26 Nov 2012, after waiting 4 weeks to review the application for completeness. The acknowledgement memo from VSP notified me that it would now take an additional 12 weeks to receive the permit, if approved!!! So from this I would say to new applicants, expect a wait of approximately 4-5 months before you get your permit (if nothing goes wrong with the fingerprint card or application itself). I'll apply in my homestate of Texas the next time. This kind of wait is not worth the inconvinience of attending an in person class.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back