Fun LEO encounter

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
I was going home through the woods late Friday night (or early Saturday morning, depending on your definition) and noticed this Crown Vic trailing me closely. I didn't think I had been speeding, but I got my ID ready, and after a few minutes, the blue lights came on. I pulled over, turned the lights off, rolled down the window, etc...the LEO came up and said, "Good evening sir, and...oh, you're not who I'm looking for." It was a guy I knew from high school, and our parents knew each other pretty well, but I didn't know this guy had become a cop. He told me that they were looking for a robbery suspect in the area, and he was driving a car similar to mine. He said on the radio that he didn't have the guy. We talked for a few seconds, and then he said he had to run. About that time, a marked Impala (probably his backup unit) came flying down the road and whipped around the median, going back in the direction of town.

I told him I thought it was great that he was an officer, and thanks for doing a great job as he ran back to his car. I hope they found the guy. That was by far the best encounter I've ever had - it broke the monotony, no ticket, I got some news, and a personal reunion all in one! :)

Similar incident

I had almost the same exact thing happen to me the first time I ccw on a trip. It was a back country road and I was pulled over. The sherrif was not someone I knew, but my car happened to be close enough to another that he needed to check. I told him I was carrying and he did a glance at the permit and then gave me the "dont pull it out speech". At the time I was carrying a 45lc Single Action Army. Apparently he was SASS so he became interested immediately. Good encounter. If I travel in parts of Idaho I typically see old friends and people I know who are now cops. Guess we all were thinking alike in one way or another. Once again another great encounter. Thank you to all who put down the good encounters too. They happen more often than not but do not get as much coverage.

I'm just glad he didn't think I was the robber. :)
I can relate to that.Years ago i was riding with a friend when we were stopped at a road block that was set up by the state police.We were out a good part of the day and had no idea that a prison escape had occurred where the inmate stole an officers gun and shot and killed one and wounded another.It was the first time i hadn`t carried any ID on me and of course the officers thought i looked like the guy and i had no ID to prove otherwise.I had one trooper with a shotgun pointed at my face and the other with his service revolver drawn and sighted in on me,while they talked back and forth deciding if i was the cop killer.They kept asking my friend if he was sure i wasn`t holding him against his will.I can tell you this,i was pretty scared and nervous as both officers had their fingers on the triggers of their prospective weapons.They finally realized i wasn`t the killer and let us go.

LEO classmates

As far as I know there are two of my former high school classmates in Law Enforcement, and they're at opposite ends of the spectrum. One I know is going to make a great, friendly cop. The other, if he ever pulled over me over I'd be so confused that the only thing I'd be able to say would be, "Man the last time I saw you weren't you rolling a blunt on the urinal in the math wing?"

I got you beat!

One Thanksgiving Eve I was driving down a 4 lane street where most folks do about 50+, but is clearly marked 40. At some apartments right in the middle of this long stretch is a cross walk across all four lanes. I was in the number one lane and saw someone waiting to cross so I stopped and motioned the pedestrian to cross. As I began to drive off I see a Police Unit flip a u turn and come up behind me! I'm thinking what the heck when on come the lights! :confused:

The Officer pulled me over and walked up to my window and said "do you have any idea why I stopped you?" I'm like "NO!"

He said "to present you with a free turkey!" (I about Sh**!) :eek:

My local PD was handing out coupons to courteous drivers they observed for a free 25lb turkey!!! :D

Go figure! :p

I got you beat!

[Breaking out the crash cart to defibrillate this thread]...

I dunno...this one's pretty good:

Was leaving my local small-ish airport in my non-domestic sports car ( just don't want to appear snooty :pleasantry: 'ooh I have a __ ) when a county LEO was following very closely. I pulled to the side to allow passage but he stopped next to me and got out: "You want to race?" Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth I accepted and we had very spirited run together :cool:

I got a fairly good one but not as good as the turkey. While stationed at the navy base in Orlando in 1982, my brother made patrol officer in Dublin, Ga. He said when i came home, he was going to pull me over. I came home for Christmas and couldn't pass up the challenge. After supper with my parent's his wife and i went riding in my truck. We weren't gone 15 minutes when here came two patrol cars with lights going. When we got out you wouldn't believe their expressions when they realized it was his wife and not my girlfriend.:laugh:

I was leaving my parents' house last year when all of a sudden I saw lights up behind me...so I pulled over. I rolled down the window, and saw a guy whose family I knew from HS. He took one look and said, "Oh, you're not who I'm looking for." :laugh: Apparently a car similar to mine was used as a getaway in a local robbery. He was a good guy, but I didn't know he had become a deputy. We talked for a second but of course he had to run.

And today...I listed a broken laptop for parts on Craigslist. I called one person who responded, and he said he could meet me, and "I'll be driving a white Crown Vic...errr...Impala. White Impala." I sat in an office parking lot today waiting on him with a friend, and we were entertaining the idea that he might be a cop. Sure enough, a marked police car pulled up. Nice guy, and he paid in cash.

I was leaving my parents' house last year when all of a sudden I saw lights up behind me...so I pulled over. I rolled down the window, and saw a guy whose family I knew from HS. He took one look and said, "Oh, you're not who I'm looking for." :laugh: Apparently a car similar to mine was used as a getaway in a local robbery. He was a good guy, but I didn't know he had become a deputy. We talked for a second but of course he had to run.
Wait a second...I just realized that I started this thread to begin with, and my last post was an unintentional repeat of my first post.

I'm going to sleep now. :girl_wacko:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back