Ex senator Larry Craig pleads guilty in 2007 sex sting

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Of course this would happen after he leaves office. That's probably why he didn't run for reelection.
P.S. I don't believe a word he says.

Link Removed

CHICAGO (Reuters) – Former Sen. Larry Craig has ended his effort to void the guilty plea he made following his 2007 arrest in a men's toilet sex-sting operation, his lawyer said on Thursday.

The Minnesota courts have denied the Idaho Republican's appeals asking that he be allowed to withdraw his disorderly conduct guilty plea, which was processed by mail much like a traffic ticket.

Another appeal to the Minnesota Supreme Court would have been fruitless, because the case did not raise significant or novel issues, Craig's attorney Thomas Kelly said.

The three-term Republican's term ended this week, and he has returned to Idaho, Kelly said.

Craig was arrested at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on June 11, 2007, by an undercover police officer who said the lawmaker peeked at him repeatedly through a crack in a stall door, sat down in the stall next to him and used hand and foot signals to indicate he was soliciting sex.

Craig, 63 and married, denied he was trolling for sex or was gay. Part of his explanation, which became frequent fodder for comedians, was that he was a big man who needed to spread his legs while sitting on the toilet.

I don't know if he was guilty or not. I never knew "the signs" and have been guilty of half of them (though I never pick up toilet paper except at home). His mistake was pleading guilty. The cops lied to him and it sounded like a nice way for it to go away. He could not be arrested by law under any circumstances. If actually guilty he should be strung up for terminal stupidity.

I don't know if he was guilty or not. I never knew "the signs" and have been guilty of half of them (though I never pick up toilet paper except at home). His mistake was pleading guilty. The cops lied to him and it sounded like a nice way for it to go away. He could not be arrested by law under any circumstances. If actually guilty he should be strung up for terminal stupidity.

So you don't think that the excuse he gave about needing to spread his feet out due to his large size was lame?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back